Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nutritional support - abrahem
Which of the following patients is LEAST likely to benefit from nutritional support?
A) A 50-year-old female malnourished alcoholic about to undergo lumpectomy for lung cancer
B) A 23-year-old patient hospitalized for management of severe burn injury
C) A 50-year-old man with malnourishment due to pancreatic cancer
D) A 38-year-old woman undergoing allogeneic bone marrow transplantation
E) A 45-year-old man with advanced liver failure due to autoimmune hepatitis awaiting liver transplantation
D?
I believe it is D
why?
Abrahem , I didn't note <least>. I thought benefit. My fault again. D will benefit from nutritional support.
u r correct pcr
d will benefit
C..
yes u r correct pcr
sorry if i bothered u all by my question tonight
here is the explanation

Nutritional support is risky, depending on the route used, and is expensive. Although nutritional support has been proposed in many situations, it has been proved beneficial through the use of prospective, randomized clinical trials in a subset. Compared with other preoperative patients, only those presurgical patients who have severe protein-calorie malnutrition benefit from parenteral nutrition. Critically ill patients, patients undergoing bone marrow transplantation, and those with liver failure, pancreatitis, and severe inflammatory bowel disease have all been shown to benefit from nutritional support. Patients with cancer cachexia probably achieve no net benefit, except for those about to undergo cancer surgery who have severe protein-calorie malnutrition
No, it is great. Thanks a lot.
Yeah, nice questions AbrahemWink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »