Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dm1 - a_antibody
A 50-year-old man has serum glucose values of 155 and 162 mg/dL on visits to his physician last month. His body mass index is 31. He has not had any major illnesses. The islets of Langerhans in his pancreas may demontrate:

2. A 55-year-old woman has a family history of myocardial infarction and stroke. She is concerned about her own risks for these complications. She finds that her increased serum level of this analyte tends to indicate a decreased risk for atherosclerosis:

3. A 13-year-old girl has had a month-long course of weight loss despite eating and drinking large amounts of food and fluid. A urinalysis shows pH 5.5, sp gr 1.022, 4+ glucose, no blood, no protein, and 4+ ketones. What pathologic finding most likely prededed the clinical appearance of her disease:

4. At autopsy, a patient who died from a myocardial infarction has severe occlusive coronary atherosclerosis. The atheromatous plaques are microscopically seen to be "complicated" by the presence of:

5. Receptors in the arterial walls are more likely to take up this material:

A. Elevated serum osmolarity
B. Lipoprotein lipase
C. Sorbitol
D. Chylomicrons
E. Ketone bodies
F. Insulitis
G. Macrophage accumulation
H. Albumin
I. Calcification
J. Oxidized LDL cholesterol
K. HDL cholesterol
L. Fatty streaks
M. Hypertriglyceridemia
N. Hemorrhage
O. Fibrous caps
P. Aneurysmal dilation
Q. Amyloid R. Glucose
S. LDL cholesterol
T. Thrombus
1. Q. Amyloid

2. K. HDL cholesterol

3.F. Insulitis

4. G. Macrophage accumulation

5. J. Oxidized LDL cholesterol

;(
1. c??????????
2. k
3. f
4. t
5. j
amyloid

HDL

insulitis

T thrombus

LDL

80/80/100 who got 100 guess........plz!!

guys thanx for responce ............ if u like more qs , just smile i wil post more !!
ammarah gets 100?
we want more qs
Smile))))))))
ammarah r u from pakistan?
im from DMC
can i know ur coll
yeah we want more,..
but i disagree on the T thrombus question,. i think we will see macrophages in that setting .
;(
Wink
I'm from india,hyderabad.hasan82 i think u got 100% because i think for q no. 1 it is amyloid only.antibody pls clear this.
what to do it said complication of atherosclerotic plaque macrophages r responsible for formation of plaque
yeah, hasan is 100 % right .......!!

macrophages take part in formation of plaque ........he is right !!! but qs asking about what make the comlication........
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »