Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 VISA qtn -- very urgent plz - gudguy
Is it mandatory to go back to Home Country for J1 processing....or u can get it done staying in USA ?
good question. Anybody please?
according to the LAW, u hav to go back to your home country(not necessarily your native country).In fact, u hav to go back to the country that will give u the LETTER OF NEED).For example, if u r an african person who lives in EUROPE, and manage to get a LETTER OF NEDD from an EU country, tHEN U SHUD RETURN to that EU country.But the LETTER OF NEED was given by your homeland, then u shud return to that country.It is difficult to get rid of J1 without going back but NOT IMPOSSIBLE.It is possible if u get a j1-Waiver.
Hi ecrouch,

I stay in Canada, but my home country is Nepal. Do you have any idea that do I have to go back Nepal to bring that or I can arrange from canada or can I have one from canada itself?
Thanks for information.
hi rajen_rajen,

This is up to you.You have 2 choices.You can ask THE LETTER OF NEED either from Canadian governmental officials or from Nepaleese governmental officials.But you will have to go back to the country which will deliver you THAT LETTER OF NEED, not necessarily to Nepal.You shud ask the Canadian officials now.If the procedure is complicated there in Canada, then you can ask your home country(Nepal).
no. you can mange in us itself-depends om the programme
To hansel,

I do not understand what you said.The j1 visa sponsorship requires THE LETTER OF NEED.It is not like the HB1 visa that depends on the programs.
To Hansel,

Please, reply.
ecrouch,forgive friend-i checked; letter of need is required-gat your relations to get it-than croos over to canada...i think it will do;but please double check;all the best

Hansel, Can you please clearly write what you are trying to say.
ecrouch, are you talking about stamping J1 visa or J1 waiver after residency.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »