Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does match look like? - danille
These are what you should do to maximize your chances:

1. pass step 1, 2CK 2CS with scores as high as possible. Once all 3 steps are done and your school has already verified your credentials, within 2weeks of receiving your last score report, your ECFMG certificate will come to you automatically. Optimally, get ECFMG certificated by Sep.1st, when application starts.

2. By July 1st, collect all documents (letter of recommendations, MSPE, medical school transcript etc.) Finish your personal statement (some friends hire professional editors to edit their PS, they are sometimes great helpers) ERAS opens from this day. So you can start uploading these supporting documents to ERAS.

3. Better do some research about programs' criteria and see if you meet them or not. But apply to as many as you can afford.

4. From Sep.1st, you can start sending out applications.

5. According to my experiences, interview calls started to come after mid Sept. The majorities of my interviews came during Sep. to Oct. After Nov., I got no interviews. But for someone with higher credentials and are younger graduates, they can get interivews until later. Sometimes, they put you in a waiting list so later in Dec. or Jan, some interviews may come due to other peoples' cancelation. But don't expect showering of interviews after Nov.1st.

6. Prepare yourself well for all interviews.

7. Write thank you notes to all programs you would like to end up with. I skipped two programs that I don't like and was curious how they reacted so I called before rank order list deadline. I was told that I didn't make their list. That's good. I know I won't match there tomorrow. But do show your gratitude and interest if you like the programs.

8. Keep following up with some Christmas card or New Year's card and send them emails when ROL deadline is close. Keep reminding them of you, a future good trainee.

9. Submit your ROL and certify it by the deadline. Rank all programs that you will like to work in.

10. Wait patiently for the match result. This is the hardest part I have to say during this long journey. Be prepared for the worst, so at the same time, collect all supporting documents, scan them and make a single pdf file. Get ready for scramble just in case you don't match. On scramble day, phones and faxes will be always busy. YOu can submit only 30 application through ERAS during scramble so you have to rely on emails most likely. Attach your pdf file containing every supporting document.

Match is hard, but scramble is like a lottery, harder.

Best of luck everybody. Have faith and arrange your time wisely. Score as high as possible.

what does a soccer match look like-Smile
thank u danille==this ws very helpful
can u tel me the list of documents needed??
so that i can have them ready before july??
Documents needed to be uploaded in ERAS so programs can download:

Personal statement (you can prepare multiple ones for different specialties)
Letters of recommendationn 3-4
authorize ERAS to release your USMLE scores
your medical school transcript
Your medical school MSPE (medical school performance evaluation, formerly called Dean's letter), ERAS provides a template for it, you can refer to their website.
CV is created by the system of ERAS by filling out the questionares online. So everybody's CV is in the same format. So don't have to prepare your own version.
And a picture. I can't get access to my tracking document system in myERAS right now due to the fact it is scramble period. But those are the most important ones.
Thank u danille once again--
U R A GEM Smile)

Best wishes Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »