Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need your help tonight - alpha
hi everyone...i am really depressed because i signed up for step 1 and my block will be over at the end of may and i am barely finishing up my video lectures..........do u think i have enough time to read and do questions...your advice is needed....please i cant sleep or eat naymore i have so much anxiety...thanx....
I'll say extend your eligibility period for three more months and just revise those things from lectures you do not get by reading the book.Don't panic ,according to one friend it is a non genius very basic exam cool down.Take it easy.
thnax for replying but i cant extend it anymore......its my last block i feel so unconfident...right now...............what do u think i should do........
Patho physio pharma gonna help lot that's what I'll suggest . you have 2 full months till May you have lot of time just get focus Read one book say kaplan and revise it again and again as it will make a visual memory.
Do questions along with that related to subject you read and revise them make notes of high yield point and you are good to go.Watching all dvd's is waste of time.Try to listen to Goljan atleast two times and you will be very confident.
so you have already extended it before and can not extend it now? if so, plan to take it at the end of your block in may. finish up the videos by the end of this month. then spend about 4 weeks doind questions like UW or Qbank. the last few weeks, brush up on your weaknesses from the questions.

good luck
Hi alpha, i was in your same position last year. I signed up for my test and before I got into the Kaplan course because somebody (let's say friend) told me to do that because the process of the registration sometimes take too long.
Well, i did sing before I started to study and that was my big mistake. I extended my period and then because of let's say life! i took my test and I failed with 74. yes, 74 i took the nbme once 8 days before the test and I got 76% so i say I might be able to pass. I was very tired of studying and i took the test and failed.
This test is not a joke, now after almost one year, i got married I took the CS instead and I did pass, so i got a little bit encourage and now i am studying again for step 1.
It is the fist time that I can talk about my mistake without anger, sad and dissapointed and I think because in this forum I have found advise and people sharing similar situations.
I don't want you to do the same mistake, if you don't feel you are prepare do not take the test. Drop off and the when you are prepare sing up again.
Now, everything depends on your capacity of understanding and memory, you have to believe in your self and more than thad know your self and your weakness.
if I were you i will do the UW, they said it is the better q. bank, I did kaplan q.bank twice and got scores between 70 and 80 (second time obviously), even thought I did not pass.
Take the UW q bank, and then take the nbme and if you got more than 80 go ahead and take the test if not do not take it.
Money is nothing in this career, nothing after you made a huge sacrifice in coming to this country, learning a new language and the failing in the only thing that you wanted to be successful the most.
It took me long time to overcome this.
I did not know about this forum when I was preparing for the test. This is a good tool to help us and help each other.
sorry for the long story!
Hi,
I'm actually now in same situation like you but i have only two weeks instead of two months, let me tell you what to do:
First of all forget about postponning your exam now,
Finish your video by the end of this month max
Sign for UW for two months, and start by subdivision i.e. cardio vascular, do anatomy, then physio then path and pharma, buy 2007 FA and notes to it directly
Make a schedule now for the coming two months,
Find exam questions in this forum and try to solve them during your study so you become oriented.
Do nbme 1 a month before your exam (which should be end of may) according to it work on your weak areas, and again nbme 3 two weeks before exam, if you score +450-83% then go for the exam if less then start thinking about postponing your exam.
Plz do your best, you can do it
GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »