Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
matched/prematched at NYMC Brooklyn-Queens IM orFM - prada07
Who here has matched or prematched at NYMC Brooklyn-Queens IM or FM this year with me...??? Thought I would start a thread to see anyone else who is joining to keep in touch! Im starting categorical IM with them. Hope to hear from you!
hi prada,
i matched into IM too...have you received any information (welcome letter/contracts, etc...) from them? been waiting but no news.
justgotta....i heard they are sending it out next week with the contracts.....so we should be getting it next week sometime because I emailed Ms.Lawrence and thats what she said.....so do u live in NY already?
hey prada, justgotta, we're all in the same boat, eh Smile

We should be getting contracts next week. There's also an orientation period in the latter half of July. I'm trying to find out whether they'll give us BLS/ACLS certification or not. Any news about that?

Did you guys take Step 3 already? I haven't..
hi prada,
nah, i'm still home...probably not going up there till june...gemstone...you mean the orientation is in June instead of July right? I'll call ms lawrence to ask her about BLS/ACLS tomorrow...will let u guys know...
Yeah im curious about the BLS/ACLS certification...plz let me know as well. Yeah we have orientation in the last 2 weeks of June I think from what they told me. I prematched at the program so that is what they told me when I signed. Im still waiting for the contract signed from them. Well hopefully we will have a good group!, i know 2 other people who are starting with us, so should be a good bunch! ....Moving in June as well....
Might take step 3 in July or August....studying right now for it...little by little........Smile
prada07, gemstone, and justgotta,
I also matched at SVCMC Brooklyn-Queens IM categorical. I am writing to learn more about the rest of you. I am a male who grew up in the U.S. and went to med school in the Carribean. Are the rest of you female? Are you guys/girls from India, Pakistan, Phillipines, East Europe, etc.?
Also, I am not very familiar with NYC, particularly the boroughs? Any thoughts about good places to live? Also, is a car a must to work at that location? I was hoping to use the subway, but I don't know how practical that is. Hopefully, we will have a good bunch!
Ignore my questions regarding gender and ethnicity. Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me. Any info regarding good places to live and transportation would always be appreciated.
prada, sorry that was my mistake - the orientation's in the last part of June, before residency begins.

green, the main hospital is close to bus & subway stations - I think one of the chiefs (? not sure) told me he had an apartment in Briarwood and hinted at good deals there - other than that, I don't know much.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »