Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking exam with American Med students - g125
do you guys have any idea about advantages and disadvantages of taking step 1 with American med student period which is between May to August. some ppl told me in the past to sit for the exam either befor or after this period but i'm not sure why. please reply
Thanks
I would like to know that as well..

Anyone???????
and also someone who went to the Pass program told me to take the exam out side of the region where there are not many US students or Medical schools. is that also true? or just a rumor?
I am also curious about this. I guess the rational is that American students usually perform better than IMGs, thus your score will be lowered if the peers who take the exam around your time are all good. In general 94% of IMG pass on the first attempt, I think for FMG it's around 70%.
I also heard that many people take the exam toward the end of the months when their eligibility period is about to pass, thus the Qs tends to be more difficult toward the end of the months. Not sure if that's true or a hearsay.
Thanks Salaan,
I think it's useful for all of us to know if there is actual difference.
i dont think its true ....becuase one of my friend (img) took the exam in may last week in usa in chicago and got 99 ...its more about the questions on that day ...if u are familiar with those questions ...u will get good score .

I think it has a small influence. If you are really good, then you don't need to worry. What I meant by a small influence is that statistics does change your score, so someone will have a 235/99 and others will have 235/98. I just checked the statistics, AMG passrate is 92% and FMG is 68% and AMG average is higher than FMG.
hi guys... now im in a dilemma, my elig pd is from may-july!!!! Either way im within the prd where AMG take their exams. Never thought of that before sched the test... now im really scared.... dont want to fail again!!!!! What should i do???? help!!!!!
Don't worry take2. I am not sure there's much truth to it at all. And even if it does, it won't make that much of a difference. Probably less than 1 point of difference. I think the difficulty of different forms must make more difference than this.
just study and forget about AMG, I will take my test about the same period.
Focus on your study and maybe you will do better.
Even if you take with FMG, some are too smart and your score will be related to their performance.
Honnestly I dont want to be resident with people like cd45, zido, smiling, freshgraduate, luckyalways..... and so on.
Dont worry about others, just trust yourself that you can do better and you will be the best.

I remmember luckyalways in this forum stating that she will get 99 and be the 4th star in this forum and she did.

Good luck all, this test is a combination of hard work and prayers.

May God Help everyone
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »