Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is NMBE questions free? - chebli
Do we purchase NBME questions?
Regards,
Dr Chebli
hey nbme exams are not free if you want to do the online questions, you have to purchase the exams. But if you want to download to the forum its free.
how can we do that???
thanks a lot for the reply
Well Thank you very much Dr "Bacteria_80" for answering my question. One more question, do get the answers with explanations after the test or not? At what stage of prepation candidates can be benefited from NMBE test?
Thank you in anticipation.
Regards,
Dr Chebli

i heard that u dont get the answer key for nbme.if u buy it ,u will get ur score and performance scale similar to usmle exam.If u download from this forum ,u can answer the qs but cant verify since answers are not posted.I have also been asking if anyone cud provide the answer key...

u can start doin the nbme abt a month to 2 weeks before ur usmle exam.this is wat i heard from a few of my frends who did all the forms .
Dr Chebli,

As usmdtobe said, NBME is a good source for self evaluation, and sometimes it has a good correlation to the USMLE score.

The good thing is, after you take the test, you will get the score and the performance scale in each subject as the same as in the real exam (with the cost of $45, ofcourse). We can know which field we should improve. Therefore doing 2 tests (up to individual) before and after improving the knowledge, will make us confident (or not) to take the exam.

The good and also the bad thing is, there is no formal answer from NBME. If you have the Ans before having the test, there is no more value of it. I know there are many posts with NBME and Ans on internet, but it is only helpful AFTER you take the exam and you want to review the Qs and concepts. So try to avoid the NBME Qs before taking them online.

I think doing NBME 1 month before the exam, or whenever you feel you are ready for the exam, and then 1 week before exam, after critical revising the weak fields. It helps a lot, at least in my case to improve my NBME score

GL

why 1 week? because you can reschedule the exam date 5 days before the exam without any charge
Dr Cedar,
Thank you very much you and Dr "USMDTOBE" for your answering my questions.
Regards,
Dr Chebli
hey from where can we download them?
Dr chebli,

Dr cedar has elaborated well.

true ,u can do the nbme forms in a gap of few days one after the other durig ur final days ...like do one and review the weaker areas and then do one more and check on ur performance...if u can ,do all the nbme forms.

one of my frends scored ard 90-94 in the nbme forms and her usmle was 96,almost exact corelate.

glad to help!!!

gudluc.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »