Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 interview - spacecraft
anyone who has had a J1 interview, please post ur experience...were u asked for any documents to show funds or to prove home country ties...how was it?...anyone who has had the interview in india...pakipower, how was urs? thanks..
dude relax ........ its not gonna be a difficult one.

casual discussion about:

The program ......
Current Job ....
How will I pay for your stuidies (residency) ........... do not mention the stipend of residency.
Looked at my scores and ecfmg certificate.

then wished me luck and gave me time frame to return PP and DS2019.

To pakipower
What to answer when they will ask about to pay for your studies? I did not get it.
Do I have to bring my ECFMG scores as well?
Thank you for your response.
thanks a lot, pakipower...but, i didnt get the 'who will pay for residency' point as well...why not to mention the stipend...
dude many visa officers think that Residency on J1 is a part of post graduate training, so just like F1 (student visa) its going to be the student who will pay for his studies / living. So IF you have a good personal bank statement or financial assets then show them those. I was asked the same Q so just letting you know. I have seen ppl getting refused on 2 Qs, if you dont show a current job / research appointment letter and secondly if someone fails to prove strong ties with country so dont worry much about this financial stuff.

Many visa officers are experienced enough so they know that its gonna be the program which will pay the whole expenditure in the form of stipend so they wont ask you this question and even if they do they wont mind if you mention about residency stipend.
You should certainly take all of your score sheets and ecfmg certificate to the embassy.
why should you not mention about your salary? I dont see why embassy officers look at it as a negative view point??Its silly to show them a bank balance and assume its gonna cover you for 3 years! You have to mention about the salary plus its written in the letter from ECFMG as well.

Can we go for the J1 interview now? I thought its not possible to do it before 1 month frm start date????Please someone clarify???

hey vrindavan
U can go for interview now but once ur visa is stamped u can enter US only on or after June 1

that is one month before resi starts. And u r right y not say about the stipend ,that is going to support us.
As for me i am waiting for my DS 2019 , in how many days did u get it?
where are you going for interview?
OK thanks int-rej.

I received my DS form in like 2-3 weeks(includes the time for hospital to send it to ECFMG, processing of ECFMG, posting back to hospital and the hospital mailing it to me).

I will be going to the embassy here in Singapore.......but you need not worry irrespective of wherever you are, you can get impromptu interview dates and there is no waiting time. I was told by the embassy here it takes 2 business day to process the application.
Vrindavan

I've mentioned my experience of J1 in Pk and not in India so things can be different, Visa issues are not that straight, they can be very "SILLY" in Pk.

Many visa officers (the sole authority) are not comfortable with the fact that you will not be spending money on your studies (residency) because many of them dont know what is a residency and who sponsors that. So just to play safe i said that dont mention stipend as the only source of your living in U.S. You can provide Bank statement if you have and then if they ask even more then you can certainly show them the contract with STIPEND value written on it. I would advise ppl in PK (not in India) to show bank account first and then Stipend.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »