Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am depressed. need advice - demint
I need advice on what my chances are. really feeling depressed. my credentials are:
step1 - 80 [ 2nd attempt]
step2-- 87 [ 4th attempt]
step2 cs - passed [ ist attempt]
step3-- 86 [ 1st attempt]
GC, 2000 IMG, 1 month externship in FP.

this will be my 3rd match but my first being ECFMG certified and having passed step 3, which i got result over the weekend.

can i even get a residency??? pls someone advice me. i'm feeling so depressed. do i stand a chance?? do i just give-up??
u have good credentials esp GC and externship..u should brush up ur interview skills adn u should apply by sept 1...try those places which dont sponsor visas
good luck
u need to get more usce ,that will really help....try to impress the faculty during ur observership/clerkship and get an intv call in he same hosp.ur GC is a big adv plus ur step 3 score is good.evrything is possible my friend...just believe in urself.GL
tough but doable. ur step 3 and gc should help. then get ready to explain the previous attempts. but gosh, u passed step 3 once despite failing step 2 thrice. that just shows how unpredictable this usmle especially since lots of us have probs with step3.
well goodluck
When did you get ecfmg certified?

When did you pass step 3?

dw,i got ecfmg certified in late december, although i had passed step 2 in october. took a while to verify credentials from my med school. i just got my step 3 results this past saturday.
pls anymore advice. wat specialties do i target? pls guys help me out here.
Hi,

Your credential are very good. You just passed step 3. I am sure you will get in this year. Just keep concentrating on their requirements. I saw a lot of my friends got in a program even less credential than you. I also want to suggest you to apply more in east coast. They are more fmg friendly than other places. GL
dont be depressed.

You have completed all your exams so thats good. Apply the first day the Myeras open. Many programs have the rule "first come, first serve" so be smart and apply early to the correct programs.
Many programs probably didnt even take a look at your account since you were not ecfmg certificate, but now you are and thats a plus.

Cheers.

To Depressed,

Don't. You have PASSED Step 3. Although this is not a guarantee, this looks very GOOD!! You'll get in. Be persistent. You will get it.
hi dement can you please advice me on how to pass and what are the books you read step 3
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »