Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency Medicine - urodoc
Can somebody tell me the chances of an IMG (requiring visa) to get into this field ? I have heard that it is very tough, please post ur opinions, thanks.
Slim! Unless you've scored 99% in first attempt..and have done some externship!
you can do IM first and then do emergency fellowship later, which also leads you to emergency. It is tough for IMG to apply emergency in match as more chances are given to AMG.
Is somebody interested in forming a support group for EM residency applicants, I presume that I'm the first member of that group !!!
Any one else who thinks s/he has got the guts to join ? Please come forward.
Its difficult, but not impossible
Is there nobody to join in ?
http://www.nrmp.org/matchoutcomes.pdf

This data is from 2005..u can check for EM and compare the stats with other traditionally IMG friendly specialties to see how it stacks up.
I understand that wannabepsych, but that is why I said, it may seem difficult, but it is certainly not impossible, so is there anybody at all who wanna jump in to the bandwagon ??
It isnt impossible, one does hear of IMG's breaking into Dermat and Ophthal which are fields highly coveted by AMG's. U just need to have the commitment to back ur dreams..unfortunately I personally dont know of someone who matched in EM othewise I would have posted their creds here. Hopefully more people with an inclination for EM will respond to ur query.
hi, luckily i got em in this match . my creds were 91/91/pass, 2 mnths med exp in india. 2 mnths observership in imed in ny. my cv did nt hve anything special.
Thanks for relying anumeha, I would like to get in touch with u, may I ask u a big favor to get in touch with me please
My email is urodocresident
Please email asap.
God bless you !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »