Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swartz - kaz
kaz

anyone knows the difference between the two text book written by Dr.Swartz for clinical exam,one has a cd the other one has student access with different ISBN's?For someone taking Step2cs which is recommended?
Thanks all.Happy Holidays and good luck in the exam.
Samy

The CD and thebook ...that is the latest edition is good for overalll knowledge .but not required for CS.
coz...frankly speaking clinical examination is not a major factor compared to communication skills and history taking.
usmle world tapes are sufficient .

However, the workshops are good..coz they prepare you by making you more confident.
The exam doesnt test your knowledge. It tests your communication and how you handle the SPs.

I read only for 3 days i.e. usmleworld cases and watched the tapes 3-4 times. I prepared the list of things I was not sure how to handle..like asking sexual history. And last two days I attended Swartz workshop. I asked him the things I was not sure of.

The key is when you read a case..just think that there is patient in front of you .Once you read the case practice the questions on someone or just assume there is a patient .

Believe me ..my total preparation for CS was 5 days..3 days reading and 2 days of workshop. I took my CS before I started reading for CK..so you can guess my level of clinical knowledge at the time of CS exam.
Samy

And more important..I passed
kaz

Thanks Samy.I was planning on reading Swartz and then do the Kaplan course as I am on the west coast and wont be able to attend the workshop in Feb by Dr.Swartz.
Thanks again and congratulations on clearing the exam!Happy Holidays!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »