Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
application for social security number on j1 visa - mmmmm136
dear frnds, how long will it take to get the SSN issued?

Also what is the deadline for notifying the ECFMG after arrival in US on J1 visa? .ECFMG leaflet says TPL has to notify ECFMG {by completing the validation form} within 30days of beginning of program start date(written on DS2019). Or do we have to notify the TPL as soon as we arrive in the US? the notification form that was sent by ECFMG along with the DS 2019 asks the TPL to immediately notify ECFMG by faxing copies of DS 2019, I94 to avoid delay in issuance of SSN. But as I mentioned earlier, the accompanying leaflet says to notify ECFMG within 30days of the program start date(written on DS 2019) what to do

thanks
within 30 days of program start date means that is the latest by when it should be done...if ur arriving earlier, then go ahead and contact ur TPL and give her the required document copies...and hopefully ur not entering before june 1st.
thnks a lot,doc-98, i also wanted to know the average number of weeks it would take to get the SSN issued on a J1 visa? let me know
i really dont know that, cos im also just applying for the J1 myself...my guess is 2-4 wks.
dear doc 98, thnx very much for your reply. Good luck for your visa interview. God Bless
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »