Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neurologic exam, anyone - pompe
Please tell me how is the simplest way to do neurologic exam. I'm reading UW right now, It seems impossible to do all they stated in just 5 min of the physical exam. Please anyone who already clear the test help me. My exam is in 1 week.
actually you don't even have 5 min for physical, plz guys reveal the trick and secret
Cranial nerves
2,3,4,6eye -light reflex and extra occuloar muscle test.
5 Face sensation,ask to clich the teeth
7 wrinkle fore head,blow the cheeks and smle
9,10 see tha palate and ask to say ahaa
11 srug the shoulders,ask the turn the head side to side against resistance
12 stick the tonuge out and move side to side
cranial nerve 1,visual fields,opthalmocope,cranial nerve 8 checked only in relavent cases
this prt only takes 1 minite with good practice

Upper limb
do both sides parrel
motar,tendon reflexes and sensory dull and sharp
if you like finger to nose test can be done same time

lower limb
do both sides parrel
Motar,DTR's and sensory
heel to shin test
Gait
romberg test

If you practice you can manage to do these things with in 4-5 minites

Thinks you so much nhsl for reply. I will practice them this weekend. Another question, when taking hystory, Do we have to ask an open end question about general health (ROS) and focus on the present illness (disconfort)? or Do we have to ask everything appart?. Like a patient with back pain, after thinking any DD and focused on those key questions, can I just ask the patient , do you have any heart problems, insteat asking do you have chest pain?, Heart palpitations? and so on. Do you have any respiratory problems?, instead asking the patient do you have a cough, wheesing, sputum. Please help. I have a study partner, but we always finish in 14min30sec, I would like to know how to shorten my hystory taking.
read this link
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=187468
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »