Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
biochem q - adil83
how would u diffrentiate between the disease caused by the mutation of N-terminal hydrophobic signal sequence and N glycolsylation???---during translation of protien in the Ribosome attached to RER

any1 wise to answer this question coz i cant understand it how we diffrentiate between the 2
N-terminal hydrophobic signal sequence IT Is one of the signal to deliver protein to appropriate organelland ,Rough ER is the site for this ,mutation will hamper translation on the RER,How it will manifest clinically ,donot know

N glycolsylation is one of the posttranslational modification- golgi apparatus is the site for this process,so mutation will results in diseases like I cell disease and Hyperproinsulinemia

this is what I understood
welll this glycosylation occurs in both RER n GA but Signal Sequence only occurs be4 attachment of ribosome to RER so it occurs be4 the glycosylation process starts

BUt i wanna know this how we can diff both of them on sypmtomatology or more accurately on lab studies multivit can u tell abt dat or someone else??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »