Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biostat - abhijeetnakave
Q. One Dr. is planning to determine prevalence of DM2 in a community....so he took all the population as a sample...then he changed his mind and took only those who has BMI >30...Q is...what will happen due to that cut off point ?
a.increase specificity
b.inc senitivity
c.decrease prevalence
d.inc. PPV
e.inc NPV
DDD
should be dddd...as this is a subset of population with higher prevelence of diabetes....higher prevalence means increased PPV

i wud go with "A"....not D...becos thers no info on prevalence so cant comment about PPV..

increase the cutoff point and U increase the Specificity..and decrease the cut off and u increase Sensitivity...
well...its not a cut off point for diabetes.....it just selects a subpopulation....so u cant comment about cut off..i think...cut off would be blood sugur level
prevalence of a study group doent affect the sensitivity or specificity
its a predictore of PPV adn NPV
dark horse..ur explanation makes sense to me..guess u are right..wats the answer ...abhijeetnakave..?
makes sense to me but only this way, PPV tell u what the likelihood that a Pt w/ Postitve test is really positive , so if you only concentrate on people with a BMI> 30 that more people will be positive for DM,hence increase in PPV

darkhorse does that makes sense or am I completely off??
" prevalence of a study group doent affect the sensitivity or specificity
its a predictore of PPV adn NPV " I agree....!!

since time was less...only 20 to 25 sec....and I saw...prevalence Q...only one option with PPV...I went for it....that was the last one so I remember...!!
A
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »