Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it against the rules of ERAS and NRMP to - pomiblay
promise an applicant a position in the comming match by a PD before application and interview season begings in september this year ?
As long as this person is not a graudating AMG, it is not against the rules. I knew someone who got the prematch intention letter in Sept. in a good program, even before the hospital's interview season.
well I am not an AMG.

Do u mean the " prematch intention letter" u are talking abt was directly saying abt offering a "prematch" or it was an " intention " letter, which means strongly suggesting about their intention to offer a premtach once the interview season starts ?

Thank you
it happens all the time..i know many indian docs whose spouses were assured positions even before september and irrespective of their scores...in fact many had scores which were really poor
nunwa,

so u mean they always do that and dont keep their word ?

yes,
as per the rules its against coming or offering an agreement before the process started.

but some of these will be pre fixed depending on various factors.

we cant do any thing in this matter.if u have chance,go ahead and try.
it happens all the time.initially i was naive to think that such things like recommendation doesnt work in this country.but i have seen 1or 2 people get it that way .
kith and kin offering residency post even before the person came here,and given a temporary offer subject to those people clear the liscence exams.i mean just pass them,no score requriments,they have flexibility of joining date as well.
so it does happen ,no one can do anything about it.
pyruvate is right..i have seen many indians and pkais get it that way...

i dont know whether it was offered in writing or if it was just an understanding

but like pyruvate said the only criterion was geting certified no scores were probably checked and the interview was a formality

but i dont think they were given any written offers before interviewing but it was all fixed
rumors are true , it is all about connections... it is going on in my residency
it goes on everywhere..especially spouses get a very good deal....we cant complain and it doesnt seem fair but then its a PDs choice
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »