Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rn-md - imeln313
I am IMG. I got my RN license to get a GC. Will my RN experience (ICU, CCU. MedSurg) increase my chances to get into IM residency?
not at all, a RN's work is totally different from a doc's
yes it will! it's how I got my mine. Dont lose hope and apply wisely, GOODLUCK!
it will help u because of ur GC u already have a GC? in that case it will help u
PAID OBSERVERSHIP IS AVAILABLE AT A PRIVATE PRACTICE PHYSICIAN'S OFFICE IN MOUNT VERNON, NY.

if anybody interested send your resume to the following email address.

Hi impx6 and nunva,

Thanks for the support. Are you RNs?
Please e-mail me at: imeln313

By the way, wehat is better for IM: low scores on 1st attempt + GC or High scores and no GC?
i think it would help, knew of quite a number with same background and theyre now in residency. and i think you have to be in both professions to know if one's work is different from the other. 'it takes one to know one' if you get my drift. if youre in ICU, it would seem you have a more holistic view of the patient's condition and most attending and consultants know that. you could use that to your advantage. as a matter of fact i talked to a program coordinator, they would view it as a real-deal medical career, no explanations needed.
Being an RN will be better than doing nothing and sitting in home,You know a lot about medical system of US than those who dont work.There are lots of things that residents have to do other than academic stuffs,Why these PD wants USCE?Its coz if candidates know how hospitals in US runs,its easy to work .It took months to fingure out to those who didnt worked in US hospitals B4.You obviously know how to do tons of paperwork, which form to fill,to do procedures,To send samples to labs,Differnent names of medicines, and how to handle social and ethical aspects in hospitals,SO cheer up, U know a lot that those who hadnt worked b4.,it will definitely help u.best wishes
dear imelin

program directors are very fast.one of my friend did this and all the time program directors were asking why didnot she clear usmle and then get a j1 or h1???why rn which takes 4 years and with green card 4-5 years.
i think you must have at least a clean or respectable slate in USMLE steps as what would be expected, whether you worked as a research fellow or RN. and i think you missed the point, zaa : most of the guys working as RNs right now have BSN degrees, BEFORE they went to MedSchool. So its just a matter of switching fields for the moment . Its a winning proposition either way. If you are an efficient nurse who understandably has to have a good clinical eye and good sense of time management, then needless to say, by all accounts, there is a high likelihood you'll be an asset to a Program as a Resident Physician. It all redounds to your 'caliber' so to speak.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »