Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy Orthopedic Question - jovanavcs
29. A 46-year-old female was jogging n the morning, when she missed her step and fell. She tried to save herself by extending her right hand, but unfortunately, landed on it. Examination of the right wrist reveals tenderness in the region of the œanatomical snuff “ box. What type of fracture is probably present in this patient?
a. Metacarpal Fracture
b. Phalanx Fracture
c. Scaphoid Fracture
d. Colles Fracture

CC
C in Young
D in Elderly
so which one is considerete young or you look more the anatomical box buzz word ??
I thought they can both present w// pain in the Snuff Box, pls correct me if wrong??
scaphoid # (x ray is normal most of the time, but u still splint and repeat X ray in 2 weeks)
Scaphoid Fracture:

1. Due to FALL ON OUTSTRECHED HAND
2. No deformity :Fullness of anatomical box may be present
3. TENDERNESS IN ANATOMICAL SNUFFBOX IS THE MOST COMMON SIGN.ITS PRESENCE, EVEN IN THE ABSENCE OF RADIOLOGICAL EVIDENCE IS DIAGNOSTIC OF FRACTURE SCAPHOID.
4. The anatomical snuff box is the space between the tendons of the extensor pollicis longus posteriorly, and the abductor pollicis longus and extensor pollicis brevis anteriorly. In the anatomical position the palm faces forwards, so that the tendon of the extensor policis longus lies dorsal to that of the other two.
5. X-RAY MAY NOT REVEAL FRCATURE FOR UPTO 2 WKS
6. TREATMENT is immobilization with thumb spica
7. An important compilication is delayed or non union due to avascular necrosis.

Answer Scafoid Fracture cccccccccccccccc
Ben , yes Colle fracture old lady or a woman with osteoporosis ....
so the how about Colles fracture, what info do you have to compare??
I will tell you in asecond..I am just writing it ...stay tune..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »