Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done Guys! - drmaxdias
Many congrats on finishing the exam..i think u did awesome..
Best of luck

Max I think its amazing that you would know you had 8-13 questions wrong after a 9 hour exam of close to 400 questions. WOW Smile
hey

thnx for posting ur experience, n good luc for ur great score...

also if u hav the key to nbme2 n 3 form that would be a great help.

For PTU...
propylthiouracil causes immune-mediated drug-induced neutropenia.

Propylthiouracil act as haptens to stimulate antibody formation, and the antibody usually persistes for about 1wk after the drug is stopped.
So, the mechanism is the same as the penicillin.
Thanks for the wishes pets1; drzephyr; turtlerace; mlesmitten; jeanbaptiste

Thanks ronaldo, and quansar for the inputs!

floridaguy; I am still counting as I review the 'controversy questions'...

Thanks for the wishes, and support bondjamesbond, and everyone else!
Thanks zeta! I do not have NBME 3 key written; I wrote my NBME 2 answers. I shall e-mail them to you, if you want them. Regards!
quansar; it was a stress fracture of the most common bones otherwise involved (I think one amonst the metatarsals, or the tibia maybe).

The lesion was 3 cm in size; ON THE DENTATE LINE. Therefore, that makes it < 7cm from the ANAL VERGE. That is why I picked Surgical Excision. Although, we have bondjamesbond with the Nigro regimen. That makes us ponder on the answer again. Regards!
drmaxdias,Congrats on being done with the exam....u were so well prepared.....Smile)U will get a HUGE score.....thank u so much for all the help u hav given all of us...now u should just relax and party.......Smile))))wish u GL.....
Thank you for the wishes zarah; let us see how I fair.

A few more questions were:

An elderly with AS (but grade 1 murmur, not at all compensated), and he had postural hypotension; had to choose b/w splanchnic pooling (common cause of postural hypotension in elderly) v. AS. I picked the former, as the AS was too premature to have caused syncope. When AS causes syncope, it means we need to change the valve. Right guys?

One another question was why is postural hypotension so common in the Geriatric Population. I picked decreased baroreceptor reflex.

They are big on Geriatric Medicine guys!
There was a patient on tacrolimus, azathioprine, and cyclosporine I guess, and they had asked the risk of cancer development, as in what cancer is he liable to develop. The only relevant option was Lymphoma. I just corroborated this info from Google too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »