Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done Guys! - drmaxdias
drmaxdias, you are amazing !!
Not only you remember all those, your answers are very logical therefore correct !

God~ I wish I could be like you after my exam !
One question where a man presents with abdominal pain; we find a mass in the adrenals I guess. Then, he has never had any history of any abnormalities with blood pressure, nor are his labs deranged. They asked us the next step; I do not remember the other options (I do not think reassurance was an option; I have fainting evidence about follow-up in few weeks; not sure). Anyways, the options I do remember are serum (not urine) metanephrine levels, and PET scanning. I picked the latter one, as I believe we use that to decipher whether the lesion is autonomous, and secretes endogenous substances. Comments please!
The answer to Stress Fracture is indeed rest, and review in two weeks; it is not a short leg cast.
The treatment for a stress fracture is rest from the offending activity. Four to six weeks of rest is usually sufficient, followed by a gradual increase to full activity. Immobilization in a brace or cast is done for situations in which there is pain with walking or at rest. Non-stress/non-impact training such as swimming or bicycling is generally safe and helps maintain fitness. For certain fractures, orthopedic referral is necessary if there is a risk that the fracture will not heal properly.

Pain control is important. Regular ice application to the affected area can reduce both pain and inflammation. Some advocate very little pain medication as it may slow healing. Gentle massage can relieve pain and help increase blood flow. Dietary supplementation with Calcium (1200 to 1500 mg) and Vitamin D (400-800 IU) should be encouraged during the acute phase.

this is a link on a article i hope u can guess what was the clinical scenario there.
hey dr max in surgery book page number 105 at the top something about stress fracture i think u are talking about non painful stress fracture if it was painful then management is different
hey dr max it was given that mass was in adrenal or a mass in flank if a flank mass it may be a renal cyst the most common mass and for which you have to do usg or radiology plz tell scenario clearly
It was an adrenal mass in all probability; yes, as per the explanations you have posted, and thank you for that, the management to that question must be rest, and follow up in two weeks time. Regards! I appreciate all the help bondjamesbond! Warmest regards indeed!
did you get ekg, pictures or something like that?
huh! man it took an hour to congragulate u . this is excellant stuff . god has gifted u with a very good brain . best of luck for 270+ . and a prematch .

can u tell me the other choices in that turners question . i think both that choices are wrong . and what were the choices in that cancer on dentate line . i mean did they mention nigro protocol . take care. hope to here from u more . take care .
did you read the new first aid ?
is it good?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »