Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done Guys! - drmaxdias
For stress fracture, I think should be rest and ice , pain reliever first . If more severe cases, do splint or cast.
Max, How many % do you get that weird Qs? I am so tense now.
wow doc u must have hit 270 for sure!!! congrats..

i think u r right bout the leuco depleted thing...
Thanks drmaya; calmer

hope08; well, I marked about an average of 7 questions per block. Therefore, 7-10 questions means around 56-72 questions out of 368 questions. FA says no matter how much we study, we cannot get all questions right on this examination. They also say 10-20 per cent questions are experimental. I hope such ones are the experimental ones!
For ankylosing spondylitis, HLA B27 positivity is one of the criteria to be defined as reactive spondylitis. My guess is that HLA B27 positivity should be the answer. Any other suggestions?
Prevention of Febrile Reactions
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/535052?rss
Newer designs of filters for leukocyte reduction should decrease the white cell content to below the threshold for febrile transfusion reactions. Because inflammatory cytokines may be involved in febrile transfusion reactions, methods are being implemented to accomplish leukocyte reduction either during or after collection but before storage. In a study comparing products that underwent leukocyte reduction either before storage or at the bedside, significantly fewer febrile reactions occurred in patients receiving prestorage leukocyte-depleted products; there was no difference in the number of allergic reactions.

The objective was designed to assess the clinical efficiency of preventing febrile nonhemolytic transfusion reactions (FNHTR) with transfusion of leukocyte-depleted RBC and platelet concentrates. One hundred patients with cirrhosis of liver, gastric ulcer and cancer were selected to receive RBC concentrates with leukocyte filtration. Another group of 50 patients with liver necrosis, gastric ulcer and cancer were selected to receive non-filtered RBC concentrates. Two hundred and forty patients with acute or chronic leukemia, aplastic anemia, multiple myeloma, thrombocytopenia purpura, diabetes mellitus, cirrhosis of liver, upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage, severe hepatitis, burn and cancer post radioactive or chemical treatment were divided into two group with 120 patients in each one and selected randomly to receive platelet concentrates. The incidence rates of FNHTR in all patients were investigated. Results showed that there was no FNHTR in 100 transfusions with leukocyte-depleted RBC concentrates.

Source: PubMed

So it means it is leukocyte-depleted indeed!
Thanks Max, I gave up for the weird Qs (20%), Please give me 10 essential topics I need to master (not really) for the 80% regular Qs.
there is similar q in uw...answer is to wash the blood to remove leucos..
Yes calmer; I answered this question keeping in mind the identical UW concept you are talking about.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »