Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sequence ch PE and drapping in FEMALE - PLZ help! - psoas
Plz heklp, my exam is coming and I'm still cofused about this. How do you guys make the sequence of actions during the chest PE and drapping in female pts? Am I suppose to ask them to bring the gawn down and expose the bra while they are still sitting? Or, should I just auscultate the lungs whitout expose the bra and then ask for they lay down and then expose the bra and palpate and ausculate the heart?

Plz help,
Thank you
hi there
u can do anything you want...as long as you maintain a respectful attitude
for myself..what i did was expose the back first and complete the PE on the back of chest and then move to the front by lowering the gown in the front while they are still sitting.. and there itself i did the heart examination....
lying down would cover the back only...but why so concerned to cover the back? people wear backless these days!!! so i guess anything is fine...and that's what my seniors told me
do what is comfortable to u
good luck
Dear psoas
I think you can do the exam of anterior part of chest either in supine or sitting position, in both men and women , so after permitting them again, you ask them to lie down and expose the anterior part of the chest. you can help them and raise the drape till the upper part of the abdomen.

For sure, you remember that this kind of complete lung exam is only for patients for lung symtoms and you don't need to do it in other cases. I mean don't be worry . May be you don't see such a case . I wish GL for your exam .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »