Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam experience - ck99
Before anything else let me tell you :for sure you will not listen to me but let me say it anyway
You need to know more importantly understand the USMLE world œThey are not paying me to say this œ

'PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE USMLEWORLD WELL !

The exam is doable ,please try to stay calm and sleep well the knight before the exam .
I know this for sure ,the exam is not easier but better written and direct than the UW.
The exam was mostly internal medicine, I would say that 30 % of it, and the rest evenly distributed among the others.
You do not need anything but Kaplan notes no other things ,weeks before the exam high yield Kaplan .

My score was the following : ALL TIMED MODE

Diagnostic test 6months œstart of standing 8months œ:64%
NBME3 :360 2Months before the exam œpostponed my exam ,had to pay for extension œ
UW 60-65% random ,2nd time UW 71 %
Kaplan Q Bank 6 4% did IM first my meekest subject with all subject score improved a lot
Kaplan Simulated 64% a month before the exam
Please make a Schedule one week before the exam ,2weeks ,etc
For example mine one week before the exam was :
IM :3days
Pedia :2days with neurology
the rest :one day each
double that 2weeks ,triple 3weeks ,you know going back œtime spend in each subject œ
please ,please try to stay calm it is more important ,many questions you can answer by simple
logic .
I wanted to wait until my result to tell about the experience ,I went in expecting a a monster
but IT WAS NOT ,IT WAS beautiful !
I have to say again and again THE EXAM IS DOABLE
THANK YOU ALL for everything ,thanks

congratulation !! wish u a very nice score ........:Smile)
hey congrats buddy..n wish u a gr8 score..seems u did very well.few days for my exam...how do i utilise it?pls guide me.
Nice experience. Thanks for sharing and congratulations! Wish you a great score. GL.
good luck for great score
did u do any more nbme?
wow!!!very happy to hear the exam went smoothe for you !! i wish u an excellent score!!
conrats ck99 on finishing the exam.

can you please tell me. what will you suggest? i have subscribed to UW. should i be doing blocks in tutor mode or timed mode.. ? and should they be done randon or sunject wise?? please let me know what you think will be the best approach...

some say to do in timed mode.. as i am also doing my first reading from kaplan notes but i decided to go for UW earlier as i want to absorb it and it helped me so much in passing my step 1 so i have full faith in it. Please your comments would be appreciated. Thanks
Thanks for your post! GL with your score!
Thank you
sammy06,
THANKS GOT YOUR WISHES....................................................THANKS
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »