Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam experience - ck99
angel18 - 07/23/07 11:53

hey congrats buddy..n wish u a gr8 score..seems u did very well.few days for my exam...how do i utilise it?pls guide me.

Hi angel18 ,
Believe me when I say it is not how many days left,,,,,,,,,,it is what you do with each day .
Trust me on this I'm a woman who been postponning for the past 3 months .
And lost the money for step 1 ...........than was about to do that for step 2 but the good news
I'm not working now that was my excuse before a lot of peaole I know are working and taking the exam and scoring high .
See it is not how much time you have got it is what you do with the time .
But no time will be enough if you do not make a sechecual everyone advised me to
IM :3days
Pedia :2days "added lowest score in IM "neurology ""
the rest :one day each
make a Schedule ,from the day of exam say
my exam was 20
19 free day
18 IM
19 IM
17 IM
16 OB/GYN œmy strongest subject did last study 2wks ago gave time to IM œ
15 Pedia
14 pedai
13 BH
12 SX "was scoring high thanks on time spend on IM "
The week before went thru the kap high yeild video and notes from the UW
Good luck to you
Hay ck99,
It's nice to read yr different scores...and I am sure u will get great score...
Good Luck...
can u tell me how can I get Kaplan Hy yield (is it different from Kaplan Notes? I have Notes) ?
welldone.Glad to know you enjoyed the exam.All the best .
Hay ck99,
Nece to read yr differents scores....I am sure u will get great score....
Good luck...
Is Kaplan High yield different from Kaplan notes? If different can you please post it?

Thanks, Good Luck again....
Hey

I just read ur msg.and Iam not a very frequent vistor of the forum..1st of all GL for ur score.hope u du great.u see to have really wrked hard!!
Plz advise me sumthin, I have just given 2 mnths for exam prep and Belive me I hv just done Kaplan, no CDs...nothing and ofcourse th UW. I have been scoring 60-70 on timed random and sumtimes 3-4 blocks it may have gone down to 55 also. Last exam my cumulative was 65 with 8 hr timed exam. And my exam is in 6days....?? After redaing ur msges....and sumother ppl who have posted thier exp I feel I ahev not done anything...shud I postpone my exam???
Is it very risky taking the exam with this kindda prepration?
Hay ck99,
Nece to read yr differents scores....I am sure u will get great score....
Good luck...
Is Kaplan High yield different from Kaplan notes? If different can you please post it?

Thanks, Good Luck again....

HI zerry33 ,
It helped me to reinforce things ...........listening .
Some are found here
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=201839
I will try to make mine available for people to download,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck to everyone
thanks zerry33

hey ck99
hmm...great man..congrats...it seems ur gonna score like ur nick...great buddy...

my exam is on 16th...hey pls advice for my further prep...

have done UW once...scored 67%
plan to revise it once again from the downloaded version of the q bank...
then revise kaplan notes..
problem is that i feel that i have forgotten all medicine as i was doing other sublects this month...
really worried now...
n one more thing...i dont have time to fit kaplan q bank or q book...r they necessary??
what else is imp??

right now i dont know how to fit UW revision n kaplan notes revision in this short time...

please suggest friend...

HI aarti25,

This is coming from the queen of postponing exams ..............You should not

œit is not like I'm doing THIS but no one should œbut I never felt ready the way I thought
I should even after postponing MORE THAN 5X

so figure out away for you to maximizes most of your time .Mine was sleeping for 8 hours and not calling or answering calls from anyone .Going home to sleep œI salute people who can study at home œ
Practicing doing a lot of questions is the key

1)Get the uw for only a month if you studying for 12 hours ,6days a week the UW timed mode random
-write down weak area and most important ,where they say it will appear on your exam .
œthe whole thing or at least ..........>the educational objective œ
Get œTHE E-CAKE "in this forum "noted from UW I did not use it no time but save
you time ...............on the writing from UW "make your own
2)I found UW hard to understand ,because it is not well written kap is great ,it will help to make concept clearer they also have on call in the kap q
If you are weak in IM œI was œtry to do that first with your kap notes œthe ones you made
if you did not use the high yield kap notes œalso in this forum œ

3)The month before the exam get again the UW" KNOW IT BY HEART "
........................good luck

good luck, sooo ,in sha allsah 99
Wink
Well done! you will get a great score. Thanks for sharing your experience. GL.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »