Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observership & residency - gujupeds
Can any one tell me, doing observership at some place for 26 days, how does it affect to get into residency?

& not joining observership, how does it affect to get into residency?
most places require USCE (US clinical experience). The majority of programs consider observerships as USCE (however, there are some programs that don't accept observerships as USCE, but they clearly state that). So doing an observership is a plus for you CV. Good luck
Thanks hawaiiangirl98 !!

Can u please also tell me two small observership Vs one big observership
which one is better?

Thanks again in advance!
Good luck to you too!!
If you can do 2 observerships at the same hospital or the same city, which means you don't have to move, that's saving you a lot of money. Doing observerships in 2 different specialties is better than doing 1 specialty, but either way you choose, definitely do it in the specialty you're applying for. The advantage of doing in 2 different specialties is that you're exposed to more than one field. But if you have to move for the 2 observerships, then it's better you do 1 observership for a longer period in one place.
Hi. is it okay to be doing an observership in CA, where I am now staying, when I can't even get a PTAL. Or should I start searching for some other place like in the east coast where I will eventually be applying. The only problem is that I heard that it is difficult to find an observership there. Should I just stay put....
my worry is not money
but saying no to one place
can it affect "Not getting residency I from the same place"?
or doing observership for 26 days can make me call for an Interview?
are 26 days enu'f for that?

Thanks again!!
280 VIEWS & 5 REPLIES
PLEASE GIVE UR OPINION

THANKS!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »