Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who lose hope easily !!! - my2k
Just to remind you all..hard work and sincerity in whatever you do never goes in vain... I studied off and on for the last 1 and a half year... there were times where I'd been out of touch with books for 2-3 months...finally when the moment of exam arrived in June , I returned from the test center coz I was feeling like i'll have a nervous breakdown...so much anxiety and pressure... had a 1 month break ..but I came back...I came back with courage, determination and one thing in mind...I could do it...and yes..I did..with only 23 days to revise everything after a month wasted..
my score 220/91 might not sound great to some..but only those going through the same situation as I did can see the importance..
so, my advice to all ...

-try choosing the right material from the beginning..you can't study all...even if you do..you can't remember everything...the key is to read, build concepts and revision..revision, revision...as many times as you can... I did Kaplan series and dvds for all subjects..and I believe I could digest only that Smile listen to biochem, physio and behavioral lectures more than once...that would really help.

- don't try to SWITCH study materials , if you already have the right one. If someone else LIKES to read a book that you don't have, don't go mad looking around and asking for it...

- I didn't do Goljan...just did the highyields and his audios..reason...I came to know about it just 1.5 months before my exam but I would highly recommend it. Those who have just started their preparation.....GOLJAN, GOLJAN , GOLJAN is the key to success..

- Try to do as many questions as you can..I did UW 2 months before my actual exam and took notes that really helped at the end. you can do Q book too..it's a good collection.

-FA..well what can I say... I really never paid enough attention to it until the last few days of my exam and I could literally point out some questions about details given in FA..my advice...allocate proper time to study FA...

-I didn't do NBME online..just did 1,2 downloaded from the forum and got 156/154 respectively..

finally... I 'm really thankful that I got so far.. I'm one step closer to my dream..and this is what really matters ...

Don't get discouraged with the fact that sometimes even with your greatest efforts, you fail to incorporate the amount of time in your studies that you really want... Things come together somehow..sometime... and they surely will go your way..if you work hard !!!

Good luck all..happy studying...do keep me in your prayers !!!
I really like this post, very sincere. Thank you for sharing, it made my day.
All the best for the next step.....Just like you said YOU'RE ONE STEP CLOSER TO YOUR DREAM!
Hi my2k
nice thread and it was needed :-)
Good to see you
& 91 is definitely good score :-)
Hi my2K,

Its an absolutely sincere, honest, uplifting experience. You should start writing!! if you get time from the boards

Good going Doc
I was thinking the same as the others before reading the above responses. Your words are encouraging, especially to those that do have difficult circumstances to study under..but like you said..somehow..sometime...hopefully each and every one of us will experience our time for success, even if it seems a little far. Thanks Doc for your words! GL
geek, gizelle, pawan, madmom, dido... I really mean each and every word that I wrote... I can't tell you what I went through.... cancelling exam in the test centre at the very last moment and coming back home feeling like a failure even before appearing in the exam .... wasting one month afterwards and then pumping myself up again...thinking...NOW OR NEVER Smile it was a big deal.. I wish, hope and pray that everyone gets a friend, a well wisher , a spouse or parents who can support him/her in time of needs... even if you are alone preparing and studying for the exams... Trust and Count Almighty as your friend first..and then the wonderful people of this forum...you won't ever feel alone again...

Good luck all..I'm happy if I could encourage /inspire even a few people !!!
thank you my2k.this will help a lot of us who feel gittery many a times.most of all the basic reason i feel is we all miss our families back home who were our support system.
Thanks a lot! my2K, we keep in prayer...
thank u my2k and congratulation for ur great score i wish u best score in step 2
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »