Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To those who have remembered Qs - rehellohie
LOL. Forum members are not reading....
I think that they all want only emails. nobody wants to read the post.
Could you do one more favor to send them to me too? My email: vivianwei_80

Thanks a lot!
Flysine (aka vivianwei_80) , are u trying to be funny? Its working!! I bet you were born in 1980.
Could you send them to me too? My email: vivianwei_80

Thanks a lot!!
Flysine, do you want some fries with that?
he he he. it is so funny!!!!!! it is like people want to line up when they see a line somewhere...what to get free ....without knowing anything..... it is real in real life!!!
Hi doyoudig can you send me too. thanks in advance
fsdpmc
thanks
fsd
Well it was definitely a test of concepts......the questions are not straight forward like step 1 and UW. UW I think gives you plenty of clues for you to make a decision....here I thought lot of questions were very vague and either gives you a single clue or confuse you with symptoms of two different questions diseases....so you often time end of with 2 ans and you just have to make your best guess and move on. I hope and pray that I made the right decision........I did see some very similar questions....I can't say exactly if it was UW or NBME......but with the same questions they asked a totally different thing. But I think I atleast had two question from the usmle CD...one was exactly same. I am sorry I am not being able to give exact questions....I remembered a lot of questions after my step 1.....I am not being able to do that this time.......it's just a blur.

I think I lot has to do with the question length, and their vague descriptions.....I think majority of the questions were longer than UW q length. Some I got lost reading through them even after highlighting....I usually don't have problem with time management but this exam gave me a run.....so friends manage your time properly.....I had a system that I wanted to be done with half of q's when I had 30 mins left and that helped me a lot......I avoid looking at the clock until I am at #23 question and if I am at 30 min....that means I am safe......

I have to sanziachoudhury cause I saw she told someone that please sleep well several days before your exam cause you never know if you will be able to sleep the night before....I thought that was actually a very smart idea....I tried to go to bed early from 2 weeks ahead and I think that's what saved me on the exam day....cause I think I slep only 2-3 hrs night before......I tried to get more than half done before I took lunch break....I took a very brief break after the 1st block, then did two blocks straight...went out had sips of my gatorade and had a powerbar.....Did 4 and 5 th block and took my lunch break....2 blocks again...break and last one.

I had two audio clips...end of 4th block (Heart sound)...and end of 8th block (heart murmur in a kid...VSD I think!!!!)....but my computer froze when I tried to do the video/audio clip.....end of 4th block....it didn't let me close the window and didn't let me answer the question....I was so pissed.....the morons at the center just stared at the screen had no clue what to do....I felt liek slapping the women....so I have to report it.......it's a irony the ans was so obvious as the guy had nothing...normal heart sound....so wen I saw the 2nd video clip at the end of 8th block....my heart sunk and I thought I will click a ans before I open the damn thing....anyway that wasn't that bad.

But I did have 10-15% questions that the ans were very obvious.....like picca thing for fe def, cold wether everyone especially old guy having memory problem..everyone else was having headache...voila....CO poisoning, I have few murfan questions, one asked what wa the defect...very step 1 like, I had quite a few pathophysio question which I have never incountered during my entire study experience....not even when doing step 1......I just had to make my best guess and move on.....I think my block 5 and 6 had the most longest questions....man it was brutal....I was happy when block 7 was going well then it started agin...from the middle of the block...long questions.....I thought this people are mean.....they know you are exhausted at this point and they give long questions at that point....So to me it seemed like a exam of stamina and anxiety control......so friend I have no idea how I did...I just hope I ans enough questions right to get a decent score.

OK about content.....well I did have IM but they were not the majority....I think I had predominantly Peads and Obgyne questions...blocks were full of them....also lot of older folks.....with dementia....different types....every block had matching question mostly at the end and 2 blocks had both at the begining and at the end.....usuallly this what saves time when you have them at the end...but when I saw them at the begining...it was a warning sign for me....I mentally prepared myself to speed up cause I might get longer q's at the end might not be able to mange time.

I had lot of immunology questions, rash questions, pictures...atleast 10.....I can still see the eyes of the hypertyroidism lady...gees it was irritating....the picture was only the eyes....quite scary...lol....it asked the pathophs of graves......Lot of drug q's....which one to choose....S/E....whether to continue the drug or switch...lot of weird q's.....LOt's of arrow up and down....shock big time...cardiogenic and septic......lot of hypovolemia....what to give in different situations.....decent amount of surgery...soem of them I found quite hard...I didn't encounter them during my preparation....2-3 ecg's Anterior MI and AF....3rd one can't remember now....quite a few xrays....few quetions on Restrictive and obstructive lung disease....Croup (2-3 q's)....kawashaki...immunization....few question with AIDs patient...what to do next...with CD count...when to give TMP-SMX..wned vaccine...someone who doesn't want to take drugs due to S/E...what vaccine to give her...blah lah...it might seem like oh this are common knowledge but it's not straight forward...you have to dig out this info from the question stem....ok...contraceptive.
Bleeding with ladies of all ages.....gynaecomastia..in old guy and yound boy...matching question...headache matching question...I think it was glucoma and cluster headache...chest pain, deficit in neurological functions, dyphagia, abdominal pain....all matching questions...some wre obvious some were
twisted...Amenorrea, Ectopic pregancy, PID, STD, picture of very weird rash in valva...with literally no description, labor question....man so much obs and gyne...unbelivable...old age orthostatic hypotention (decreased baroreceptor reflex)...I remeber seeing this question in someones exam experience...thanks to him......very few psych...may be 10-15...3-4 statistics...it was not that hard...ppv, study design...defect (this are hard for me, I am not that fond of vague questions and subjective answers)....all those things....I hope I choose the right is all I care about......anyway if I remeber anything more I will add to it......I hope this helps.....I am releived that it's done but I hope I don't have to take it again.

I am not going to bore you anymore.....as for study material...I guess we all use the same thing....Kaplan notes, Q book, I didn't do Q bank(didn't have time), Did CF question long time ago, UW***, followed exam experiences, and some personal notes from a dear and generous friend......I am sorry I couldn't participate as much in the discussion here...cause of my limitations....I had to study as much as possible when I little one was at preschool.....and I studied 5 months...I did my step1 last october 31st...had to go see my parents for 6weeks...came back did CS in FEb...and then from March on studied for step2 CK...did total kaplan notes 3 times total....I am glad I could do that....last one was very close to exam....that helps...you want it to be fresh in your mind, I followed IM, Skin and Opthamlogy from B&W...pictures are really good...FA (CK) only few chapters (I thought skin is preety good there)...looked at pictures there....but I went over step 1 FA....man it saved me big time...especially drugs, immunodef, and enzyme def part...nothing can beat FA step 1 on those...espeacially for quick review before exam......I did all NBME...3 I did it by myself...meaning solved the one I got from the forum...1 and 2 I did it online...let's just say I was happy with my score...to me it really doean't matter if it doesn't reflect in the real score...cause the exam was hard, vague, and harder than NBME for me.......so let's see how it goes.

So folks there you have it.....my exam experience...I hope I didn't make you go...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......but I just hope this helps some people if not all.....but I like to wish all of you best of luck with your studies and for your generous contribution to keep this forum alive.

All the best.....I hope my race ends here....I am not thinking of step 3 yet......at least not for a month....Hahahahahah.

Good luck guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plz send me to doyoudig
nykuldip
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »