Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brookdale psych - jannie
does anybody know about this psych program?
they take only indians and preffer GC.
they have a test for selected applicants and only then select people for interviews.
why only Indians?
I have not even heard of this program
my friend is attending there in Psych, so its a relieble source, even I am not applying there.
The other specialty residents will be your patients in psychiatry residency at Brookdale.
The hospital really stinks. It is in a black neighbourhood and pretty unsafe.

Believe me last year, I went there for interview in I Med and could not pee due to the stinking bathroom. Period.
U need to give an entrance exam to be selected for the residency whih, i know from an extremely reliable source, is terrible.Stay away from Brookdale,IM or Psych!
I hear that they dont look at scores if you do well in the test. It might be a blessing if your scores are not good and a second chance to people, right? Aishwarya
really bad program unfortunately, no supervision, no classes , very disorganized, among brokdale and st barnabas, everybody says brookdale is the worst, i know about the psy program is really bad that even the pgy 1 drop at least 1 or 2 every year. the area is very unsafe, I know, i have seem it. I had 5 IV interviews in Ny so for my second IV at brokdale , Istayed in the apartment of my friend across the street where the residents lives, and at night i made the mistake to go across the stress to a small shop to buy something to eat and i saw to young guys maybe in their 17 shooting in the air with a gun trying to scare other gangmenbers. I was in shock and i hide behind a car and it was only 7pm.
My friend told me the story of the fiance of 1 resident of medicine who went to see him by surprise, so she travel all the way from boston, and he didnt know anything about it but the parents of this girl called him so worry because they didnt hear anything about her, so what happen was that they found her body murdered in the trash can, the last thing the parents knew is that she got lost and she was trying to get direcction from the taxi driver and that was it. Poor thing, that story broke my heart , that the reason i didnt want to ended in brookdale because nobody seem to tell you about the danger of that area. God only know i am telling you the truth. Many residents have been mugged, gunpoint at night and have call every 3 day....but thanks god i got something else. If you talk to the resident and if they are truthful to you will tell you to go to another place because to work 4 years in constant fear of your life is not the way to go. thats my 2 cents for everyone else to share and dont say i didnt warn you.
prasad2000 where have you been?!
I was looking to get some tips on Hennepn Interview I have...did u see my messages?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »