Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anesthesiology 2008 Match!!! - doczn
well....one of my friend matched last year. according to him he got 2 interviews towards the end of september and 3 or 4 interviews in october.....anesthesia is a moderatively competitive branch....also may be still early.
Updated list: on 09/18/2007

Interview:
???

Received confirmation:

Georgetown U
Doczn, bewareofusmle, anes_aspirant

U of Florida
yuya, mazinger

Jackson Memorial Miami
mazinger, bewareofusmle

U of Iowa
anes_aspirant

Beth Iseael, Boston
doczn, doc2000, mazinger, bewareofusmle, anes_aspirant, praneetha

Johns Hopkins
mazinger, bewareofusmle, beddoc, anes_aspirant

Mount Sinai
Bewareofusmle, doczn, beddoc, anes_aspirant

Temple U, PA
doczn, beddoc, anes_aspirant

Rejected:

U of Florida (11)
Lakshya2007, shankar99_05, aimfor2007, eturan, doczn, beddoc, msashraf, Marylandmd, bewareofusmle, anes_aspirant, praneetha

Medical College of Georgia (5)
Abi_dr, beddoc, halothane, anes_aspirant, praneetha

U of Iowa (3)
doczn, Marylandmd, bewareofusmle

Advocate IMMC (4)
doczn, doc2000, yuya, bewareofusmle

U of Cincinnati (3)
Abi_dr, mansi, lakshya2007

Vanderbilt U, TN (6)
doczn, beddoc, Abi_dr, anes_aspirant, srimanipal, vijjapug

U of Vermont (2)
doczn, bewareofusmle
got rejections from the university of vermont they want fmgs with no more than 2 years (I graduated 3 ago), and Illinois masonic they want applicants with GC..

My creds are 99/99/certified/2004 grad/4 months usce at univerisity hospitals
Does any one have any idea about fellowship in anesthesiology? I mean is it required to do? If required, what are the options?

I heard anesthesiology is highly paid branch in america, is it true?
Hello to all. I can understand the anxiety and predicament that you are all undergoing at this time. Well I was in the same situation last year and truly by GOD'S grace got interviews from some of the best anesthesiology programs and matched to one of the top programs in midwest. I was going thorugh this forum and couldn't help myself seeing the thread of anesthesiology. My advice to you is to keep your cool and keep your fingers crossed. You will definitely get your iv's and will taste success. Recently as posted on salary.com anesthesiology has emerged as probably the highest paying job in US so you can well understand the mad rush of AMG's to this speciality. My best wishes are with you. Hang in there you will definitely taste success.

GL to all of you
Hi, Rockdock, Thank you for you inspiring words.
Could you tell us your credentials?
Hey, rockdock..thanks for your response. Could you plz tell me possibility of fellowship in anesthesiology? I mean is it required to do? Or only residency is enough?
The following programs have already sent interview invitations, albeit only to the AMGs:

Baystate, Dartmouth, Emory, Iowa, Mayo Rochester, Rush, St. Josephs's/Mt Sinai, Texas A&M/Scott & White, Univ of Buffalo, Univ of Kansas, UAB, University Florida, U Michigan, UTHSC San Antonio, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and Yale.
I mean started sending out interview invitations
Hi, anes_aspirant, where do you get these information?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »