Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
request advise - dewal
guys i got my permit today and in it my first name(givenname) is written as last name (surname). Do i have to change my name? spelling and everything are correct but in reverse order. will i have any problem at prometric center.
Plz advise. Thank you.
hello dewal, the first name and last name in your permit MUST match with your ID (Driver licence, Passport...), please contact ECFMG to change before test day.

thanx okt3.
really i was hoping to here the other option...too lazy Smile
thanx again. GL
i did not get you dewal.are you saying that say if your name is X and your surname is Z. so wrote it as ZX? or did they specificly write given name-X,surname-Z.
some times i noticed in this country they write Z X in the reverse order ,as they write surname first.

this is one big confusion as i also have a problem as my diploma has my name as Z X.where in Z is my surname and X my given name,but ecfmg application asks in seperate columns given name and last name,i wonder how they will write it on the permit.do they have columns given name -X,surname-Z or they just write it as X Z.

when did you apply and how long did it take for them to send you the permit?if everything is in place can we get it in 14 days or less may be even 10 days?
This is where my confusion started. Initially when they asked to write my first name, i wrote down my sur name... which we generally write down in India. so u see that was wrong thing to do by me.
my permit just gives my name... it doesnt specially mention first or last name but when i tried to take appointment in prometric... i saw my name written specifically say X(last name), Y(first name) where as originally it is opposite in my passport. my name on my degree certificates all match exactly. i dont have probs with that.

but i dont want to go for exam and find them say that iam not the person they are expecting. Smile

i dont know how much time they take. but since i am not going to take my exam for another 3 months..and as i am posting the form 182 today.. i am hoping it wont be a porblem... or is it?? i dont know... may be it is better to call them.
has anyone had similar problems? thanx
Yes dewal, call ECFMG...u want to be sure tht ur name is matching ur ID. I think u shld call them before sending the 182 form..in case u need to re-do it.
hi dewal as long as your name is correct and its what it is on your diploma, and as long as your permit doesnt say specifically first name y and last name{sur} x,i think its not a problem.coz here they write surname,first name in that order and also call you by your last name ie surname.
if you have drivers liscence or state i.d which has your name written in the exact same way as your permit they will not say a word.

in passport again they write sepicifically given name and surname under those columns.

also some one told me that if your prometric is near by why dont you just go there and check out and talk to the prometic centre person.show him your permit and also the id that you will present on the day of the exam and if its acceptable.

one more thing i wanna ask when did you apply and when did you get your e-permit?how many days?
many many thanx vizio for ur advice. prometric center is very near to me.. so i think i would go there and find out first. that would save a lot of complications.

i got mail from ECFMG on aug 20 saying that they received my online part of application and on aug 27 my 186 and other required documents.

on sep 10 I got 2 mails saying that my certification of identification form has been accepted, and tht my application is complete and that i should wait for my permit. on 13th i got mail saying that my permit is now available.

since they started processing my appl. after receiving my documents... they took 20 days. just as they said.... with in 3 weeks Smile
hey one more thing they didnt yet verify my credentials with my college.

when r u planning to give ur step?
dewal, check with prometric is not bad idea, but you better double check with ECFMG to confirm your record is correctly stored in their system. GL.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »