Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys think about this? - daisymd
Applications must be submitted to ERAS by December 1 and must include your USMLE transcript and NRMP number. The personal statement should describe your background, aspirations and why you are applying to In His Image. Also describe your relationship with Jesus Christ and mention the name and phone number of your church and pastor so we can contact them for a recommendation. We respond to applications by December 15. Also, here is additional information if you are applying as an IMG.

This is a family practice program in Oklahoma? I am find writing about my relationship with Jesus Christ, I just thought it is odd they ask for it.

This is why: They are a religious intitution...read below

Purpose Statement:
The purpose of In His Image International is to train Christian physicians in spiritually integrated Family Medicine, while encouraging and stimulating their own spiritual growth and exposing them to the opportunities that represent God's call on their lives.

Mission Statement:
In His Image International exists to evangelize, disciple, train and mobilize health care professionals so that they are empowered to impact their nation and the world for Christ by improving health and meeting the spiritual needs of the unreached.

Since 1989 In His Image has brought medical care and the love of Christ to the far reaches of our hurting world. In July 2005 In His Image International was formed as a non-profit organization overseeing our international medical missions outreaches around the world.

Our short-term overseas outreaches include free clinics, disaster relief, orphanage ministry and a special emphasis on medical education through medical conferences.

Medical lectures, hands-on medical workshops and informal social meetings are some of the creative ways we reach healthcare professionals in countries all around the world. The conference culminates at the end of the week with an optional Saturday seminar where many come to learn about ethics, family issues and how to enter into a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. A key outcome is self-sustaining Christian medical fellowships led by those who came to Christ during a previous In His Image International conference.
This is so weird Smile .......Hey can you give the name/website of the prog.
OK...Now the image is little more clear, but I still think it is weird that they ask about the phone No. of the pastor Smile
vanderbilt it's there haha. It is called In His Image (http://www.inhisimage.org/) I am baptist so I kind of know about these programs. You just have to google it!
Zany
No if their are truly religious it's not weird at all, and their decision will be made based o religious beliefs/strengths. Just make sure that you are in for it because this is "intense" Trust me!
Zany
So if I am Catholic can I apply to this program?
Hopefully yes. They don't clearly state their denomination ,but it clearly reads as protestant (not sure exactly whether baptists -a bit more radical-, methodists, presbytherian, or else...). furthermore they only mention that you need to be a good christian right? So maybe denomination is not an issue at all here!. Go for it if you like it daisy! And make sure you get a letter from the pastor/father.
Good luck
Zany
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »