Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats goin on in Neurology guys??????? - munnambbs
Hey guys did anybody hear from neurology progs till now, I havent recieved a single message from them, going nuts man, please share your status
hey even i am wondering why is no there no news from neurology/??????

any ivs/rej ??????
hey kuku, so how many progs have u applied in prelim and in Neuro
nothg 4 me too in neuro..
i have 2 neuro and 1 prelim so far. still waiting for some progs to download my application so i think its still early.
Hi Neuro guys, esp. boggart and the other guy from UK,

I will really appreciate if you guys can help me out in my application to neurology..

My profile is 2005 grad / IMG / Need visa (H1 or J1) / 93 / 81/ Pass / 80 / 8 mo USCE including neuro clinical and research / 4-5 US LOR / 2 mo Externship/ 1 Publication/ 1 1/2 year research experience in USA / ongoing 2nd year MPH (masters in public health)

The problem is that I am also applying for Internal medicine. How can I apply to Neuro programs where I need to secure a prelim spot too.... If I apply to both categorical medicine and prelim medicine (for neuro) to the same program, how they will perceive me as a candiadate? and it is likely to cause confusion for the program as to what are my real interests?

I have one low step score, so as it is I am fearing low no. of interview calls in Internal medicine. and I do not want to lower my chances of less calls because of applying to both prelim medicine (for neuro) and categorical Internal medicine for back up or my prime saviour branch.

I do not have any guidance from a neuro senior, so I would highly appreciate any genuine advice from you guys. I have research experience in neuro at both undergrad and post-grad levels now.

My specific concerns are

1) what are my chances in a neuro branch as an FMG?
2) will my low step 2 score matter much? whereas my application shows my continued interest in research and neurology right from undergrad level...
3) How many programs should I apply to in neuro, categoricals or advanced?
4) what should be my strategy to apply for prelime internal medicine programs?

Thansk very much.
Hi boggart,

in neurology from where did you get calls?

Bye.
would know where I could buy an IMg freindly Neuro programs list ??
i have got 1 prelim and 3 neuro iv so far..1 rejection from vander...fingers cross and best of luck to all..patience....
hey neurotech do u mind sharing from where did u get the 3 neuro iv calls I am very excited
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »