Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To everyone who suffer for result.. - lyalya1
ooops sorry...I'm not muslim and completely forgot about Ramadan...actually I don't know how long it lasts (see I'm a bit ignorant...) So take the piña coladas back.. Sorry guys!
Peds I think its time to move on......lets get a life Smile
will be checking every 30 min now florida...see you at 10 if you're still here. I took the day off work because I knew I couldn't concentrate anyways so I will be here all day (maybe you want to give me your phone number...hahaha) Smile
Still no results Smile
nope calcium welcome to the club...got milk? Smile
I have a feeling if I post my phone online I will be getting calls from Fuji Wink
i know you're famous florida and once you post your score this will be the neverending story of ppl calling for advice hahaha
fame what a burden! LOL
Looks like it is going to be avilable tomorrow

Have applicants successfully used their break time to express milk?

Yes. To our knowledge, many women have expressed milk during the standard allotted break time.
How have you responded to Sophie Currier™s request for extra time to express milk?

As the papers filed in court show, NBME offered Ms. Currier a variety of comfort measures and personal item exceptions, such as permission to bring multiple, assembled pumps to eliminate the time involved in cleaning, assembling, and disassembling them; permission to pump milk while taking the test and on break time, with privacy within the constraints of exam security, in the individual testing room that she receives on account of her ADA disability. We also provided her with a sample schedule demonstrating how an examinee can flexibly manage the time to take a 20- to 30-minute break every three hours.
Why have the requests of Ms. Currier for extra break time been denied?

This is a standardized examination and the stakes in passing it are very high for all the men and women who have been preparing so arduously for their medical careers. The stakes for the American public are even higher, as the USMLE is accepted by virtually all licensing boards as evidence of competence to practice medicine in the US. Because of the test™s importance to all examinees and to the public™s safety, maintaining its fairness and integrity is our priority.
Is there any chance the policies about break time will change?

The governing body of the USMLE is reviewing the amount of break time for everyone. The importance of fair, consistent standards means we cannot make ad hoc individual decisions.
How easy is it to schedule a Step 2 CK exam around personal needs?

The exam is offered at testing centers in the United States and abroad, five to six days a week year-round, except for a limited period in January. Because it is given so often, most people are able to take their exams on a schedule convenient to them.
Who can qualify for additional break time?

Test-takers who are covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be legally entitled to receive additional break time or other accommodations, such as a separate testing room. The Guidelines to Request Test Accommodations can be accessed at www.usmle.org.
Who sponsors the USMLE?

The National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) and the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) cosponsor the US Medical Licensing Exam. Policies governing its administration are established by the USMLE Composite Committee comprising representatives from the cosponsors, NBME and FSMB, and the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, which assesses the readiness of international medical graduates for medical residencies and fellowships.
And that contact information again

Kenneth Cotton, Assistant Vice President General Services, National Board of Medical Examiners, 215-590-9648, kcotton@nbme.org.

* NBME Home
* © 1996-2007 NBME
* Contact NBME
* Site Map
* Career Opportunities
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »