Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
univ of alabama medical center, internal medicine - medupch
hey guys does any one of got interview from this program?
by the way how good is this program ?about teaching, fellowships, and how competitive? and how is birmingham by the way?

I ask this qts because I m thinking about applying to this program so I need this info
tk guys.
very competitive
just now got an iv... how is the prog any idea???
sorry was by mistake i wanted to post a msg
UAB is a very good program, very competitive in general. Takes 2-4 IMGs per year. Medical school of origin is one of the screening criteria: they only interview ~30 IMGs from 15 different medical schools in the world for interviews...including yours (this is directed to the person that wrote the original post).

The program is very busy, fellowship chances are good coming from there. Education is excellent. Environment was ok, a little cold for me (I am not talking about the weather).

Birmingham is a medium size city, somewhat boring overall. Housing is relatively cheap compared to other places.
thanks necker, for your info, but how do u know my school??? and are u sure my school is one of those 15 schols in the world, because I went for medical school in south america.
and do u know the REAL criteria to match there?
I m thinkig about applying there but dont want to waste my money.
Based on your nickname I have an idea of where you are coming from, and yes, it is one of the schools they consider for interview. In fact, the PD is from there. It is a very competitive program, and the PD is trying to fill the program with really good scorers (which doesn't mean you won't get an interview if you are not a 99/99, but that usually helps). You should have USCE (real) with good LORs. As far as tendencies goes, last year he took a guy from your medschool, so likely he won't take one this year (he doesn't want for people to think he gives preferences), but who knows, maybe he will if the candidate is really good.

Other programs who had good experiences with people from your medschool are Henry Ford (you probably already knew that) and William Beaumont. You can try Indiana University (it is a very good program), one of their current residents is from your medschool. Cook county also has some positive history. University of Louisville is also a very interesting possibility.

Hope this helps and good luck.
just got a rejection
if u r from MAMC in India. U have a very good chance in UAB.
UAB IM has consistently taken one guy from MAMC since last 5-6 yrs atleast.
MAMC guys have a strange sway over UAB.

even AIIMS,India students are also considered well here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »