Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanderbilt University... - y_me
is a very good school and I am wandering why a lot of people on this forum are applying to this program.
to seee if they could clinch if their once in lifetime chance,
I would not get a second chance to apply for my residency agian (hopefully evryone prays for that) ...and having said that

you are also right that it is a too good program for IMGs , but people want to live on hopes and thats the way it should be.

a friend got IV there last year in I med, he was double 99er, step 3 95,MPH, US LOR s and publications..

for neuro, have u applied there? how is it for neuro?
Folks dont apply here if you need visa, bcoz these guys have not sponseed visa for last 6 yrs to anyboody
I didn't apply there. I think it is suicidal to apply to advanced neuro programs in good schools without connections.
Prelim internal medicine is superhard in these schools.
but u can try prelim in some small community hospitals,
Vanderbilt University is one of the best in the country as far as teaching and program reputation goes. Unfortunately, they don't have/take/will take IMGs and the reason is that, it is a very competitive prog even for AMGs to get in. Neuroscience department has some faculties who are IMGs, but they have done residency and fellowship here in the states. AS for IM, surgery, anesthesia, EM, radio, and other hot specialties, it is exceptionally rare for an IMG to get in.
yeah, i know someone who got fellowship in harvard but was rejected at vanderbilt.
then why do they keep bugging me for a prematch that I don't want.
lol, there is a peterbilt also which builts trucks...are u sure it's not them
DISCLAIMER :"this is a joke not meant to offend anyone, if somebody takes offence i apologize in advance"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »