Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank God I passed!!! - dodenuchi
I'm soo happy I don't have to re-take this. The score is not superb but most of the programs I'm interested have said 200 as the cut-off with my PhD and LORs Smile

Thanks to all my friend in the forum that should be getting their scores in the coming weeks, best luck to you all. Mohamed (where are you?), ocmd, keshkala, okt and many others, thanks for great questions and awesome discussions.

For those interested in numbers I must say that NBME exactly and precisely predicted my score. got 220 on form 2 and 198 on form 3. My final score was 210/85.

My timeframe:
2 months of only-studying 10-12 hours a day. Focusing on this as systems. If I was reviewing gastro I would do anatomy-physio-patho-pharma. and so on. Did at least 150 q's per day (UW only) and had the 2006 kaplan bank book. Averaged 65% on UW. Started on 50's ended on 70's) Didn't finish it all but I think that I went through at least 70-80% of the questions. Taking notes, writing down on my "facts-notebook" and making sure I reviewed them constantly.

Here's the link to my exam-day experience with some q's I remembered

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=219139

Sources

GOLJAN (get it and live by it), these audios are GREAT. Listened to them at least twice (had them on the Ipod). If I couldn't remember something re-played it. I can't emphasize enough how important Goljan is for Step1
Used FA as general source (remember everything from it guys most of what is asked is here!).
Pharmacology/biochemistry lippincott's (for doubts/not clear info)
Used USMLE Roadmap for physiology as a fast review
Clinical neuroanatomy made ridiculously simple and High-yield neuroanatomy
High yield behavioral by Fadem (this is more than enough for Beh)

Close to the test a friend gave me those flashcards (patho and pharma) and they were helpful as a quick review because they are written in a vignette form. They are not key, but I honestly think that the more vignettes/questions you do; the more you'll get used to read fast, think and answer. didn't have problem with the timing on my exam so I guess I was "prepared" for the reading part.

Borrowed and used the FA- Q/A questions book read in detail the answers (wrong and correct) and made more notes. If you have this, don't use USMLE RX I was told they are almost the same.

Best of luck to you all!!!
dode

Congratulations!!! 85 is a good score!!...May God bless you in your journey ahead, TC & all the best for residency!!
good job dude congratulations

::-))))))
CONGRATULATION ....
GL
Congratulations on passing exam with good score. Wishing you the best in future and residency!
zkadhem and ocmd thanks mas how are you doing? what about you? Hope everything is fine
ummrakan, wwjd thanks and best of luck to you also!
I soo happy!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
congratulations dodenuchi,GL with ur future exams and residency!
hi dodenuchi can i have your email pls?
sure dodenuchi
I had it from step2cs...I know he's not here now (don't see him in messenger)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »