Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step3 what to start with.. only 1 mth -
raja

hi pls tell me how to start studyin for step3
i have exactly one month for it
i m tensed as i dont know what to start with
i took my step2 in aug long time back got 87 but now i dont think i remeber anythin
pls help
thx
raja

any1 pls advice time is really runnin for me
thx
Crush - need90s

Read your step 2 materials, ONCE only but read well ONLY the imp topics like MI, DM, HTn etc read twice thrice..Concentrate more on management..Dont worry about the microbes names. the important ones you will anyway know. Then every evening for 1 hour sit with the CD of step 3.
You will find many sellers ( including myself ! ).
On the 2 days of the exam its more about your stamina too, so it wont matter if you study 10-20 hrs more or less. Be alert, happy and confident.. To practice CCS cases is a must..So 1st thing, even before you find/buy/get the CD...solve the 1st two cases of CCS as given in the usmle CD given by ecfmg/fsmb...You already have that from your step 1/ 2 exam...Get a feel of it...Then the CD helped me a lot..esp the 20 cases...Bye for now..email me if you have more questions...( I was more worried for step 3 then step 1 and 2 , but it wasnt needed, 87 is good score, and you will remember all that you need to ), best of luck..
rajat

is swansons family practice and crush book sufficient for step3 i have only 3 wks and havent started yet
also since i have no time which q's shud i do..
thanks a lot
Crush - need90s

Hi, I dont think you have time to solve questions...Make sure you read medicine well and get a feel of CCS as detailed earlier above. Then try 200 Kaplan questions..I dont know, I am kinda biased towards the CD...I loved it once I got it..
Yamini

Hey thanks- I loved this advice - it was exactly what I was searching for.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »