Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~~~~~~ any suggestions guys ~~~~~~ - officially_crazy
i have been looking at various sites for a research position as most people here suggest to go online... for the last two weeks all i came across were positions either for MD or a medical student enrolled in a med school here... i am a IMG and would like get into research... any suggestions guys ???
well start your quest from January or Feb
thanks for the response...
can i ask u another question? How can i go around that thing about either being an MD or a med student here in US med school? there must be a way around coz there are many imgs who have done research..
thanks again
I am also doing it my friend. first where you are looking for, 2ndly you are an MD and 3rd are you looking for paid research or voluntary and fourth do you need visa sponsorship etc
1) I was looking at NIH and Some community hosp in VA/MD/DC
2) No i am not an MD
3) Voluntary is fine
4) I don't need visa
thanks again...
well NIH funded research requires either MD or PHD degrees. you can go for the research assistant post but cannot appply for the post doctoral research fellowship or research fellowship. Look for the Universities not the community hospitals. I hope this may work for you . Univesities have the research while community programs dont
thanks a lot for the input...
GL
welcome
If voluntary id OK, you should make a move. I just went to the nearest university hospital, cardiology research guy, and explain that I am waiting for residency , want to stay in touch with medicine and clinics+ want to make something usefull of my time. I offered my cardiac sonographer skills, they had a research I could hwlp with, after two weeks I got involved in more projects, then great LOR, observership itp.

good luck
Try CDC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »