Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed step 3 - j8j8j8
i am sooo sad.... what should i do, i really tried my best.... i opted for no automatic transfer, but will this hurt my interviews? (7 all in all) that i will be attending starting next week? What should I tell them if they ask? Will I still be offered a prematch? can i get it in time before matching?
dont tell them anything...they wont even know you took it....if they ask you did you take step 3? your answer could be "i plan to do so..." they wont even have to know Smile good luck!
Thank you honeysuckle for your encouraging words......however i do have a few questions:
1) I mentioned it in my CAF that i was to take it in sept.......so i guess they will know
2) will they know how many times i took step 3, does it say in the final report?
3) i plan to take it again after my interviews, but when is the latest possible date that I can take the exam, can I take it in feb?
1> if they dont ask, dont mention it
2>yup, its in your transcript just like evrything else. so my advise for you would be dont send them a new transcript
3> depends on the visa you want. u can even take it in your 2nd or 3rd year of residency

goodluck
has anybody had an experience explaining to a PD who asked about a failed exam in the interview? How did the PD take the news and did it affect your chance of being matched with the program?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »