Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't understand prematching, please help - havanaangela
Where can I read about prematchs. I am getting ready to take step one and really don't know much about prematching. Can anyone explain it to me? Is it through eras? When can I start applying for prematches? Is it after the first part of step 2??
Prematch is out of the match contract offer.It starts after u have applied to programs through eras,registered for the NRMP and receive interviews .When ur interview goes well and the program really likes u then they offer u to sign their contract within a specified period of time.After you sign their contract you have to withdraw from National residency Matching program and discontinue interviewing at other programs.if no contract or prematch is offered to you,remaining candidates and remaining positions are alotted through a match program where programs rank candidates they have interviewed.

You will learn Just do well on ur steps We were all as naive as you r now when we began ur steps.GL
prematch is how most Indians get residencies in the US.... most are crappy community based hospitals with no ancillary staff, crap nurses... the kind of place where the residents have to do blood draws, IVs, haul the patient to xray and the heme/onc ward... etc. etc.
first pass your tests THEN worry about prematch you have a lot to learn
yes, too far for you, concentrate on exams first, try to get as high scores as possible
yes, too far for you, concentrate on exams first, try to get as high scores as possible
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »