Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my score yesterday - residency_2008
I didn't know what went wrong. My uw scores were consistently in mid 60s and the average of last 10 blocks was 68, doing 1st time in timed mode. I was always a good student. I just don't know what went wrong.

My score was just 204/84. It is still looking like a very bad dream to me. Kind of looks like the end of my American Dream.

However Now I would have try to compensate with step 3 which I want to take ASAP.

I did uw just 50%. I took the exam bcz my scores were good. The only thing that I would say is that go through uw and complete it. uw is not representative of your final scores. I probably did the tougher questions right in uw. but that didn't matter. Bcz I probably did the easier questions wrong in uw.

My average in step 1 was 64, and score was 91. And in CK, average was 68 and score was 84.

So plz don't get fooled by uw scores. They are NOT representative of your final scores. I know you cant swallow the food someone else has chewed. I don't want you to do it. My intentions are jsut to warn people like me....who think (or thought) that uw is the end of the world.

Wish everyone a very happy thanksgiving.

I would now be available as "residency_2009". I didn't apply for matches this year.
You should be happy, you have 84. not a bad score.
congrats man .. GL and enjoy and yes its very important to sinish UW that too as many times i guess. but not go by its score. anyways your score is not easy to achieve by all. its a great score. take care
i disagree.... UW is money. For me, I did nothing but UW.

The formula is to take your final UW score and add 30 to it. For example, if you are scoring 55% on UW, you Step 2 score should be 55+30= 85

If it doesn't work for you, then you didn't understand the concepts that well
but i think there is sth important to add...like how did you concentrate in the exam, how did you sleep before the exam...
i know people who were much better in studying and took a score less then they expected..but this doesnt mean that they are not good...
you will show the real face later...dont worry
god bless you and all the best
mira
FABULOUS JOB RESIDENCY_2008!!!!!

It is markedly disconcerting to hear pessimism regarding your score. I was hoping to read alteast a glimmer of happiness if not a sigh of relief over your passing.

You can only encourage people who want to be encouraged. If I were you, I would take a few days, if not weeks to thoroughly bask in the euphoric feeling not just passing but not having to look back and repeat it. But,..thats my take on it.

GL
I slept for 2 hours before exam. Yes I do have those sleeping problems. But I dind't sleep for a second before the Step 1 exam.

@ the heeb : Well. As I told. I have no clue. There are times when all the theories fail. I posted just to make people know that. I believed these formulas as well.That is why I took the exam in the first place. It didn't work out for me.
congratulations & best of luck for step3
How about your NBME score?
congrats and goodluck .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »