Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to iren... - harsh
if u hav forum 4444 qs plz forward me...it wud of grt help/.....my id is harsh_4082000
these are notes from 4444 member...

guys iw as told by so many people that u dontget many images questions on the basis of which u can answer question
but hoenstly iam telling u..or may be it was my bad luck.i got so many ct scans mris and x rays on the baiss of which i had to identify what the answer was...so was the case in spinal cord sections..i got so many of them...i also got angiogram...
so for anatomy when people say fa is enough dont go on there advise...fa is definetly no enough.infact its not enough for any thing. u can get away with pharma and micro provided ur concepts are clear in them but not other subjects.

metallo proteinase
y
etc
i picked x cus its x linked recessive
what do u guys say?

dirrahea cuases metabolic acidosis
in the question stem they just mentioned the acid base status and that patient has diarrahea but u had to tell if its compensated or not.

how can we know that if the breast cancer is malignant? dont remeber how the question was put but they were asking abt the extent of malignancy?

options which i remeber were
number of mitosis
attachemnt of skin to the ligament
lymphatics spread
lymph nodes involvement
etc

pateint is suffering from which of the following after a car accident in which his rib cage is fractured or i will say crushed?
pnemonia
tension pnemothorax
etc
i picked tension pnemothorax
is that right?

in a question symptoms were given and asked what will accumulate in tissues? some thing like that
its coppper

child falls on his cycle in such a way that his perineal region is traumatized?
there could be a leakge of urine where?
peritoneal cavity
medial thigh
i dont remeber other options

question on Psychotic episodes,
depression and schizophrenia were given too.
know the timings well like what happens whats the diagnosis if the symptoms are shown by the patinet for only one month...and whats the diagnosis when the symptoms are shown for 6 months
and for one year..there are different catogories...see the schizophrenia topic now from fa
also see other topic relating to depression and other kind of psychosis.
what the heck just read the whole chapter on behavioral science.

two questions were given on this drug
one i remeber was that it causes fibrosis as its toxicity
this was easy

i had to pick one enzyme...since the pateint had alot of symptoms so i picked Fructose 1-Phosphate Aldolase Deficiency
other option was fructokinase which causes essential fructosuria
it was confusing though so better look that up

question abt churg weber strauss syndrome was given and it was obvious but i picked some other choice.

a very clear picture in which a women has this butter fly rash was given and it was obvious from the picture that she has sle though question stem was very peculiar too about the signs and symptoms
and one more question abt sle was that which test will be more specific..i picked anti double standed dna test

patient was having thsi painful penile chancre and inguinal lymphnodes were enlarged too
i think its h ducer

GFR ...FFF....RPF..DO THESE WELL KNOW IT BY HEART WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THESE VALUES WHEN U CONSTRICT OR DILATE THE AFFERENT OR EFFERENT ARTERIOLES OR URETER..
ITS THERE IN FA TOO ...

in question stem acid base status was pointing towards acidosis and so was the urine cus it had ketone bodies... and kidney pathological slide was given and asked what will u do next with this patient? i marked dialysis

I DID USMLE WOLRD SOME THERE MONTHS BEFORE EXAM WHICH WAS THE BIGGEST MSITAKE I DID CUS I DIDNT REMEBER ANY THING AND I ALSO DID IT HURRIDLY ,,BUT IN EXAM I REMEMBER SEEING A PICTURE OF CHILD EYES WHICH I THINK USMLE WORLD STOLE FROM REAL EXAM POOL CUS MY FIRST QUESTION WAS THE SAME EXACT PICTURE OF CHILD EYES WITH OSTEOGENSIS IMPERFECTA.

IN THIS CASE I MARKED IMPROPER HYDROXYLATION OF PROLINE

some old guy has increased systolic blood pressure?
whats wrong?
i picked decreased aortic compliance
is that wrong ?

a question about a child whose scrotum was swollen and it would transilluminate with light...i dont know what else was given i just remember picking tuica albugenia
though tunica vaginalis was given too in the choices

pregnant women who has developed brown discoloration on her face...
i picked melasma

some old white guy who works at a beach resort comes to a doc complaining of brownish flat discoloration on the back of his neck...
i picked melanoma since it was flat
but i may be wrong

diabetic patient who exercise regularly and is taking good care of his glucose level... and has a good health..what will ur advise be?
i marked check his feet regularly
this is also mentioned in fa

know its action well.... that was mentioned in the scenario

and also know the anti histamine drugs very well

diagram of brain was given...it was gross lateral view of brain...
patient has this aura in which hid lips quiver and then he experiences seziures so i had to mark what happens i mean when he is in his aura which part of the brain is involved.

n question they were trying to ask which nerve passes through parotid gland?
fascial nerve
two divisons of trigeminal were given
auriculotemporal nerve
i marked auriculotemporal nerve
is that right?

question about mole pregnancy was given...asked that karotype is XXX ( now iam confused here if it was XXX or XXY) but were asking what comes from mother and what from father?
as its partial mole so i thought two sperms have fertilized one egg so i marked 1 from mother and two from father
i may be wrong.

if a pateint is taking alot of potassium supplements what will happen to her plasma potassium level urine potassium level and aldosterone level?
i maked that plasma potassium would increase ! urine potassium will increase also and so will the serum aldosterone level inorder to get rid of potassium.
if iam wrong pls do let me know.

two questions on nitrates were given...
mechanism of action asked...and also how sildenafil would affect its action? offcourse its contraindiacted when pateint i also taking nitrates
by the way they increase cyclic GMP level

patient has hypertrophic cardiomyopthay?
what gene is mutated?
dystrophin gene
sarcomere genes

cenario was given in which child has started getting seizures more often...asked what wrong with electrolytes?
hypokalmia
hyperkalemia
hponatremia
hypernatremia

ok now..if a patient has bilateral salpingooophorectomy and hysterectomy i guess was mentioned too....and she doesnt want to be put on harmone replacement therapy what will happen to her pituary gland?
atropy
hyperplasia
hpoplasia
etc

HERE IS A VERY EASY QUESTION TO MAKE U ALL HAPPY

antidote of iron poisoning?
deferoxime

hydrochlorthazide causes hypercalcemia..
thsi was asy question

chlamydia question was given and and also asked abt the antibiotic used for it

question about subdural hemmorhage was given

i marked superior cerebral veins are injured.

probabaility and relative risk question was given i marked the answers blindly iam sure they are wrong

senistivity question was okey i hope i got this one right....in question true positive was mentioned...i just calculated it rougly

radomized study scenario was given this was easy

uestion about interleukins were given but i couldnt answrr them cus i felt they were really hard...cd4 and cd 8 questions were given and there structures too..i dont know in case of these two cds they were trying to ask some thing on diagram..i got three questions like that and iam sure i marked them wrong cus they seemed impossibel to me

honey comb lungs

location of pudendal block...this is easy
its even mentioned in fa.

scenario was given abt temporal arteritis...
asked what will u check?
i marked his ESR level
this was easy

or so different slides were given in one damn question asking where the heck are leydig cells loacted...
it was really hard to pick one out of those slides cus i felt every slide has leydig cells...any ways i picked one and moved on but iam sure i got this one wrong.

whats the location of uteropelvic junction? does it pass over the pelvic brim? i mean is that its land mark?

if a women is compeletly normal but overw eight she will have chnace of getting hwat kind of cancer considering her history is clear and so is her family history?
breast cancer
liposarcoma
some other cancers were mentioned too

patient who had myocardial infarction 6 weeks ago now has come to the hospital for angioplasty....u are taking history?
so where would u write his history?
1..history of present illness
2...chief complaint
3..history of past illness

cypto question in hiv patient was given who had diarreha..picture was also given

e coli...,man they love this bug... 3 or so questions were given on ecoli asking from diff angles

multiple sclerosis was given ..i didnt get the question cus it was worded strnngely but i had to identify that from spinal cord section...it was so confusing that iam sure i marked the wrong one on diagram.

scleroderma ?is x linked r
x linked d
AD
AR
MULTIFACTORIAL
i marked multifactorial

as far i remember i had to identify spinothalamic tract i was confused here too cus on both the sides same sort of markings were given with a difference of few mm

which structure is responsible or proper array of white matter in cerebral cortex?

oligodentrocytes
astrocytes
shwann cells

a physician who is studying the ego of patient what do we call this study? i dont remeber the whole scenario but iam just writing down the key words here...
and in that question ego was mentioned so i marked
Psychoanalysis

brown fat?uses leptin for shivering or what?

mutataion in integrase gene causes hiv therapy resistance? is that right? there wre other options of hive genes too but i marked integrase.hope i got it right.

some thing about anitiviral drugs was mentioned and that phosphorylation would not occur if one of the following enzyme is mutated?
this was easy i marked thymidine kinase.

question was given that women who had previous c section now has placenta attach to lower part of uterus some thing like that....i marked previa...

myleofibrosis question was given cus tear drop cells were mentioned in scenario

polycythemia vera questio was given i dont know if marked this one right...

spherocytosis question was given which i had to identify from slide..i saw small blood cells which had no pallor in the center..so i thought these were spherocytes...

yersinia enterocolitica question was given twice...

ulcertaive colitis question

some starnge genetic pedegree question which i had to calculate

tatta box and promoter question was there too...

patient who had pnemonia has now recovered and his lungs are pale in color now....which cells are gonna be found there?

type 2
type 1
clara cells
etc

every morning at the break fast table ,fork and plate fells from 14 year old girl's hand... what kind of seizure is it?
i marked juvenile myoclonic jerks

question was given that there is cyst in labia majora dont remember the whole question but i marked bartholin cyst.

some histo slide was given which was definetly of skin...pointing to some cells in deeper layers of dermis....
in question stem they mentioned that child has fair skin and hair ( typical case of tyrosinase defiency) and asked what is deficient from these cells to which they were pointing? i marked enzyme defiency
dont know cus there was one other confusing option too
this question was worded too poorly and i spent like two mins on it.

a question abt malarial drug was given that why we use this specific drug in addition to other regular one i marked it has more action on hypozoite form...
i dont even remember what the drugs were i just remember marking more action on hypozoite

CHF scenario was given asking what will increase in this patient?
all the oncotic and hydrostatic pressures were given

i got this sort of question twice...other question was....what will increase if we block the lymphatic channel?

I GOT TWO QUESTIONS ONE ON EACH.
in case of RA..PIP and MCP and morning stiffness and symmmtery was mentioned

and in case of OA.....degenerative condition and one sawollen knee was mentioned
i hope i marked them right.

mother complains that her teenage daugther who was doing good academically is now taking less interest in studies and that she thinks she has made some friends which are not good for her and that she might be taking drugs too cus of her bad company

1..u as doctor will ask directly the daughter that u will have take her blood smaple to see if she is abusing any drugs
2...ask the daughter directly that if her friends are taking any drugs?
etc

i marked 2 option

patient with obstruCtive sleep apnea....scenario was given

he is most likely to suffer from?
i marked pulmoray hypertension and right heart failure

QUESTION ABT N MENING TOXIN WAS GIVEN

THOUGH I KNEW IT WAS CAPSULE AND I MARKED IT THEN I CHANGED IT TO ENDOTOXIN...I STILL REGRET IT...CUS I KNOW BOTH OF THEM ARE RIGHT BUT CAPSULE IS MOST PROBABALE OUT OF TWO

got so many question i dont even know if i marked them right...
all of them were based on murmurs...there location from which u had to identify if it was aortic stenosis or mitral steosis etc.

metallo proteinase question on it...

patinet who fractured his clavicle was in extreme agony ..by the way when i concentarted properly on ... xray clavicle was fractured this i had to tell from the x ray cus in scenario it was just mentioned that patient was in extrem pain..location of pain was mentioned and that he also has a shoulder pain..and were asking that what structure is likely to be damaged i marked subclvian vein cus thats wahts beneath the clavicle.

I WAS GIVEN A DIAGRAM OF SPINAL CORD...BY THE WAY IT WAS COLORED DIAGRAM..AND ASKED WHICH STRUCTURE IS NOT A NEURAL CREAST DERVIATIVE,,,
SINCE I HAVENT REVISED THE EMBRYO SO ID ONT KNOW IF I MARKED THIS ONE RIGHT
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »