Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mcc of 1st trimester abortion - krishna07
trisomy 16 or turner syn???
what i remeber it is turner.
trisomy 16.. is the MC cause.. I remember from step 1.... Do check Kaps may be they also specify this
please someone confirm it .
any reply please.
mcc of aborption in 1 trimess due to chromosomal anormailities,,,,that's it could be due to trisomy 18,21 or what ever
I read for step one somewhere that exrta chromosomes are compatible with life but absence is not compatible so will it be turners then....kaplan says turners

correct me if i am wrong
i also remeber turner.
commonest chromosomal anomaly is trisomy...most common trisomy is trisomy 16......howver...most common single chromosomal anomly is turner....its only 16%...trisomy in 50% cases
Go thru this excerp from emedicine article

"Causes:

In the first trimester, embryonic causes of spontaneous abortion are the predominant etiology and account for 80-90% of miscarriages.
Genetic abnormalities within the embryo (ie, chromosomal abnormalities) are the most common cause of spontaneous abortion and account for 50-65% of all miscarriages.
The most common single chromosomal anomaly is 45,X karyotype, with an incidence of 14.6%.
Trisomies are the single largest group of chromosomal anomalies and account for approximately one half of all anomalies associated with miscarriage. Trisomy 16 is the most common trisomy found.
Approximately 20% of genetic abnormalities are triploidies"

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic3310.htm

what shud be now inferred of this??

thanx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »