Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACGME visits of program nd accreditation. - i_am_g
Any body has any idea about the acgme visits of the program?

esp. when the programs where you interviewed have shorter periods of approved accreditation like just 1 year cycle of approval and some are on probation currently,

how do we come to know of the latest acgme report of the program and when?

one program has citations from acgme and is mentioning that they will get them removed on next schedules acgme visit.... can we trust this,,,

also if any seniors of this forum, knows about it from their experience after being already in residency programs, please shed some light on this...

its a tricky situation as to whether to accept pre-matches from them on the premise that they may or may not get accredited...
go to the ACGME website and get the information on the program history.
No one can tell about the future, but its best to avoid programs with short accredition cycle like newyork medical center and Methodist hospital NY which have around 6 months of accredition. You don't know coz they may not get the accredition after the next ACGME visit.
yeah, i know to search the acgme website for program, but how do we come to know of the recent most visit which will decide the immediate future status of program?.

as one of the program mentioned to me tht they plan to get the citations removed in this acgme visit, how can I know that acgme who visited the program this month, was indeed satisfied by the program's steps to rectify those citations?

abeba, Thanks for your reply.
that would reflect in the accredition status which the committee grants the program after the review I guess.
Is there any way to foretell that? I dont think so....but maybe I am missing something here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »