Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St Luke's Bethlehem - munna2012
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell whether the PD there gives her card to all candidates at the end of interview, or was it just me and therefore a positive sign?
Do they reply to our thankyou mails at St. Luke's?
Has anyone been offered a prematch there this year?
any opinion?
Hi Muna,
Nice to see you back.
How is the interview at CWRU?
No good really, the PD asked me very tricky questions- whether i will adjust in their so-&-so environment, why he should take me, why not other candidates, what was it that I could do better, what i could contribute to the program, whether i was good or their intern, gave me a situation where a senior resident was giving me a wrong order, and i had to defy it-----it was a kind of confrontational interview, not at all pleasant, i was ill at ease, it actually seemed like a propaganda against me rather than an interview----no benign questions, no academic questions, the questions were all directed in a way as to make me commit mistakes and prove myself unacceptable to their program-----got negative vibes from both my interviewers-----got no reply to thankyou e-mails-----it was a waste and very upsetting. i have very few interviews, and loss of one is actually quite a big loss, but i know for sure that they won't rank me any place beneficial in their ROL. So one is out. the PD is a crafty old swine!
well I would think it is nice off him to offer his contact details ie card , but i myself would not count anything on it. after all he is a PD, they r all trying to be nice as we all are.
I am sorry to hear that, I think you are better off that program. i don't know why the PD makes it confrontational. Do they give prematch only for those who did externship/observership with them? How is your general assessment of the program in terms of work load, organization, teaching, friendliness, residents experience,etc?
On the other hand I doubt if they at all have a ROL. Last year they sent e-mails to those whom they interviewed telling them that they are not taking any position for the match except 1 preliminary position. I hope you will prematch in a match better place.I Think its good to keep in touch with PDs/PCs.
Thanks a lot for the information!
and i forgot to add that i did a month long externship there, and literally worked my ass off to impress them....but i guess they just take the candidates with jack- i know of four such ppl who have been offered prematch there through contacts....thought my ext would help. they don't normally go to the match.
Teaching is okay, lot of classes, but not reeeeeeeeally academic, you know, more informal rather than teaching, no bedside case discussions at all, the consultants do not touch the pt at all. Patient load is easily manageable, a light place so far as pt volume goes. Residents seem okay enough, there are ppl from 2major areas in the world, so two factions exist, but friendly enough, there exists some underlying religion-based friction between the residents though.
i am desperate for a position this year, and therefore wanted a prematch here, but eally if i was in a better situation, i would not have given the place a second thought, nor completed my externship there, it really is a shit hole---- sincerely, would not advise any friend to go there,,,,,,that's a fact, no trick to increase my chances of a prematch later,,,,,so don't go hurling accusations at me.....it is my personal choice (or non-choice). the place is BAD!
Hi
is that for IM cause I interviewed there for family medicine I really liked the place, but I sent some thank you e mails and a lettler and I didnt recieve any reply
yesIM
Thank you very much for your assessment.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »