Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
criteria for prematch? - adrenaline_n
I really don't know what programs looking for in a candidate -- i know ppl with low score got prematch. I have been to few ivs and all of them went well -- but PD's/faculties don't reply most of the time. Whats there criteria -- i am just confused.
there is no criterion for prematch.....
i guess all we can do is wait -- i know one of my friend got prematch at ESU IM.
sorry i mean ETSU....
99/99/pass/99 first attempt usce publications research no visa issues
my observations is: 90/90/pass, fresh graduates, uk experience, need visa
If both of your step scores are above 90 and cs pass ..all in first attempt, then the programs will look for your communication skills, personality and how well you will fit into the program. Once you are invited for an interview, then you are ok for the program no matter what your scores are. All you need to do is perform well during the interview and grab a prematch!!!
i think once u are invited that means u r good for the program, just try to perform good in the iv , that the most important+ show some interest in the program , like ask about the prematch if u know they give prematch.
let me tell you my prematch story : i have avarage scores , old grad with some usce + no visa needed ,went to 10 iv , prematched in my 10th iv when i asked the PD during the iv if they give a prematch she said yes , then are u interesting if offered ? i said yes , later during the tour they call me and offered it. My last IVs I only asked for prematch in my thank you letters Hope this help ,..... gl to all
I ll try summing it up. Surely they must find you better than othe candidates they have called. Good scores,strong lors, research any one or combination is looked for. But the most imp criteria is if they think you are a good candidate and don't want you to be stealed by other programs. They wanna grab you first

Forgot to add visa is an issue. If only h1 then step 3 is a criteria.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »