Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sue Programs - goodman22407
meet the requirements doesn't mean you're the most suitable for thec position..
Do you realizae how great is this country(US) that gives everybody the chance to become a doctor? I believe it's fair. Moreover they are selecting the best qualified even over the citizenship status of the applicants
Don't get me wrong bcz I an GC holder too...I would like this proccess to be like you said but it's not...and it's fair
It does not make sense to train people on J-1 visa, who should go back to their home country for at least 2 years. This does not make any sense if you have US citizens and GC holders who are already in the US and ready to fill needed medical positions. The residency programs are funded by the Federal Government through our taxes and training people on J-1 visa would be waste of Federal money. I would suggest if the programs assign a quota for J-1 students, say 10% for exceptionally qualified FMG.
Moreover, it is unconstitutional to hire foreigners using Federal money while US citizens and GC holders remain unemployed for years and sometimes forever. If you seek training in any European country you application would only be considered after their citizens, even if the citizens are FMG
it is not unconstitutional, but if it comes to a media spotlight or the lawmakers, then the funding for these programs can be cut. Its is unfair for anyone's country to employ foreigners when there are suitably qualified citizens.
Current U.S. law states that employers who hire foreign workers must "attest" (though for H-1B, no formal proof of any kind is required) that there are no domestic workers who could fill their positions.

Refere to: Employer Attestations to Protect U.S. Workers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa#E...S._Workers
You green card holders do not have any ability to answer questions in USMLE, you score less on mle than How do you justify your knowledge? this is the country of immigrants. think even your parents were immigrant sometime. I think these second generation of US immigrant is a big trouble. They believe this the country o their fathers
SUITABLY QUALIFIED = MEET MINIMUM REQUIRMENTS SET BY THE PROGRAMS

Build your own hospital. Then you can have your own interpretation.

For your information, here is something from a hospital website:
"...complies with federal and city laws and orders prohibiting discrimination in employment. Such discrimination includes RACE, creed, color, NATIONAL ORIGIN, sex, age, handicap, marital status or sexual orientation."

I emphasized some words to make it clearer for you. Almost all hospitals have a statement like that. Equal opportunity for ALL. Admission based on credentials and not anything else.

I know it's really hard. Though I do not concur with your opinions, good luck.

virtuoso
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination based on Race, Color, NATIONAL ORIGIN, Sex, Age, handicap, marital status or sexual orientation is applied for legal residents of this country. However, employing a foreigner who does not have any legal residency in this country when you have legal residents with same qualifications is illegal
Goodman, it seems you are mentally ill. Envy is obvious in your words. WHO ARE YOU? to give such destructive opinion respect your self and shutup, you looser..FU
To tamtam and prabhunager,
goodman22407 is RIGHT cuz look at other countries in the whole world, they all hire their own ppl/citizens first for ANY jobs NOT FOREIGNERS.Some of the countries don't even consider FOREIGNERS . Also, some of these foreigners already got the training back home , why would they want to get RETRAIN again??It's just wasting time and money especially US citizens/residents money. To be qualitfied for the training cannot only rely on scores, all these foreigners have no clue about the culture, languages here, just to name a few.How can they suddenly become more qualified than US citizen or residens??Today medicine is only about medicine, it also includes others models . I hope you both understand, this is not about ENVY .happy new year to all, goodluck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »