Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop in your queries,will try to answer - buffycoat
i am worry on sep? how can evaluate myself? i closed all cases. i did not need to repeat the question
hi..
I am worry about my SEP part?
mutantmind
.how do u check orthostatic vital signs?--->>> It matters how much care you have for your patients.....so at least check for the upper and lower limb pulses....radial and dorsalis pedis bilaterally at a time.......for BP ....I need to take your BP in both sitting and standing position which I will do later ...Okay??

Before arguing with me about taking BP, guys know that Bp measurement tests your ability to be correct in front of the patient and you would be running out of time....why do you want to put yourself in trouble if you can really escape from it with a sentence like this...
i took my exam three days ago
i did the knocking,wash hands,draping in every cases.
my mistakes are
i did't close two cases due to time
forgot to take out the leg extension in one case and the pt ask me to support legs
i ask about rash on ph case and the mother say no rash and i ask describe the rash and she say no rash.
forgot to ask about papsmear in 35 yr old with irreguler vag bleeding
rest of test was ok,i did every thing,4 or 5 cases were very good
complete all notes.
what are my chances
healthy

i closed all cases, but I am worry about SEP component. they answer well, i did noy need to repeat the question ? how can i evaluate myself?---------->>>>>>>>>>>What do you suppose to mean? I sense that you are trying to tell that SP were answering you well so you couldnot find time for SEP throughout the encounter..am I right?...if that is the case, there might be areas where you need to counsel...Did this happen in all of your encounter? Either you got lucky or you completely missed out the counseling portions......that's what I can guess.......If you wanna clarify what went in the exam ....do explain properly okay ......Anyway good luck
syndrome:
i took my exam three days ago
i did the knocking,wash hands,draping in every cases.
my mistakes are
i did't close two cases due to time --->>>> It usually happens and its just 2 cases right!!!

forgot to take out the leg extension in one case and the pt ask me to support legs-->> can't be called a blunder but would have been better.... anyway... its exam
i ask about rash on ph case and the mother say no rash and i ask describe the rash and she say no rash.---->>>> you should have said...I am sorry ..I was checking to make sure he has that or not.
forgot to ask about papsmear in 35 yr old with irreguler vag bleeding----->>>>>hmmmmm 50/50 chances here if everything else was asked..you got 60%tick in the checklist but lost 40%...hope you cover that from other cases..
rest of test was ok,i did every thing,4 or 5 cases were very good
complete all notes.
what are my chances---------->>>>>>>>>>overall I can sense that you are on the pass side...most likely.....hope for the best....

Hey, Ur doing great service here buffy coat.....really appreciate that!

I hope you would help me with my doubt too.

Recently, some centers including Atlanta, started putting a case of sexual assault (rape) regularly. Can you guide me how should I go about this case? I am especially worried about the examination.

Also, I have my exam on Aug 26. I thought of subscribing to USMLE world, but recently I heard really good things about USMLE source.com They are especially good in updating their cases fast.(they even included this sexual assault case). Do u have any idea which one is better : USMLE World or USMLE source?

Thanks a lot
neuro9

Hey, Ur doing great service here buffy coat.....really appreciate that! ------>>>> Thanks, it pleasures me when you get something from here....

I hope you would help me with my doubt too.

Recently, some centers including Atlanta, started putting a case of sexual assault (rape) regularly. Can you guide me how should I go about this case? I am especially worried about the examination.----->>>>here's how I would have approached a rape victim:::

express emotions to show empathy, Tell her that you are here to help her out of the psychological trauma after the event, Examination: I would like to perform some general examination on you if you give me the permission, Please donot hesistate to reveal anything on the history also.
Look for the bruises, tender spots......mainly inspect and palpate the probable area where trauma is inflicted. Do all other CVS,Respiratory exam in brief (may be auscultate only)
I will have to perform the pelvic and genital examination but a little later. ( Utter these words as the patient want to hear the words that even in this situation doctor is being professional along with empathy and in a very positive way)

Also, I have my exam on Aug 26. I thought of subscribing to USMLE world, but recently I heard really good things about USMLE source.com They are especially good in updating their cases fast.(they even included this sexual assault case). Do u have any idea which one is better : USMLE World or USMLE source?------->>>>>> Frankly speaking if you have core idea and serious study partner..nothing is needed.....cases usually are not that difficult..its the time factor that has to be managed well....PAMHUGSFOSS is the backbone of any history and the chief complaint history has to be much focussed along with relevant examination...more time to counseling, possible challenging q,diagnostic possibilities and closure would help you pass confidently....But UW book ( for PAMHUGSFOSS questions, chief complaints q and counselling words) and FA for CS( for patient note,challenging q ans, D/D and diagnostic workup) are required

thanks a lot buffy coat!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »