Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop in your queries,will try to answer - buffycoat
lara2008: Out of 12 cases, 2 are dummy so 10 of them are usually scored.
9 cases looks like borderline......anyway all u need is 50 % pass marks...courtesy words....communication with patients...comprehension by patients ....counselling words....in the stated time>>>>>is all you have to aim for.............I think you will pass.........Good luck.

midazolam2008: In a real patient encounter you should perform all of them but CS is not only about history n physical examn.....It should have all the ingredients...

Allery history: Sinus tenderness reqd
Morning onset headache with nausea--- fundoscopy is mandatory..+ brief CNS exam....focus on main cranial nerves involved.....power and reflexes mainly in lower limbs.

I know its difficult to handle all that in real exam time but you have to do it. I am not trying to discourage those who wants to do detail exam but time factor is there and you might end up doing one part and miss out another so restrict yourself doing detail examination.

drharry:You have done your best....its good that you accepted your weakness but the people who pass also have these gross mistakes....all it matters is the wholesome exam..

Lets say 2 diagnosis were not correct but you still are going to rule out other condn by doing the tests.......
It happens in eam that you forget the correct diagnosis, but what I believe is ICE is patient note+history+physical exam --here ur Patient note part seems little weak .....but if other 2 has been pretty good......I am sure you will come out with flying colours..
Good luck

idle:

will i pass with the followin mistakes:-
1.In one pt note,i wrote Dx as AIDS instead of HIV ---not a serious mistake,if there was associated infection somewhere then u might have been correct..but you were on the right track...anyway u r going to Western blot right ....so I think you will escape thru that

2.i did not walk with the pt when i asked her to walk--- u mean gait?I do not understand properly...if you were watching then u need not move along with the patient...u can be an observer

3.i did SLR& hoffmanns sign,but not sure whether it is +ve or not.but i wrote in pt note as ++ve ----it depends on the history...even if it was not +ve...the performance of test will fetch u tick mark on the Sp's checklist.....doing in time is usually complemented ....looks like not that much of a blunder....patient note might fail but history n exam if is good then here also u escaped I think.

4.i did not counsel regarding safety in a physical assault case----- if u have uttered word "counsel" --u r good to go...mere words/ sentences/phrases are usually not evaluated ---ur attempt to counsel matters...not exactly the content

5.2 sp's asked to repeat what i said as they did not understand(once)--- it happens with most of IMG..I was also asked ..not a big deal.......

Overall if these are the only mistakes ...u should pass..difference is u might have 75% without those mistakes but with the mistakes u may score 58%.....the thing that matters is PASS....

Good luck

how to counsel a physical abuse case. can u give me like in points wise . iam poor at counseling. thanks in adavance.
buffycoat
plz let me know how to start with pt...
i know every one is having own formet ,,,plz u recommend how to start with pt..
knock door,,,,,,, hello mr CS good morning i m dr KING....... say nice to meet u or not....
i m ur attending doc for today ,how can i help u for today?

or

i just gotta know from ur chart that u have complaints of headache...
is it true,,,.......cos IN EXAM we really read the chart and know about patient complaints

plz recommend
Thanks buffy coat.But,i didnt understand the last sentence.R the mistakes small or considerable.please reply iam gettin tension
drvarietycs:
ABUSE case-- Well at this point of time I need to make you aware. As of history and physical examination, I am suspecting you being abused.

Violence never ends on its own. It almost always escalates in severity and frequency over time, the only way to end is to get away from the batterer. I believe you, its not your fault. Let me tell you that you are not alone and the help is available for you.

Do you think it is safe to go home? Do you have a safe place to stay? Would you like to speak with a domestic violence counselor?

dr90:

Starting sounds better when you say-- Good morning/afternoon. I am Dr. ssss, What's your name?-- this helps even if you cannot pronunce the patient's difficult surname.

or

Good morning/afternoon Mr/ Ms ABC, I am Dr ssss, I am your physician for today. Nice to meet you. Are the settings of the room comfortable to you? Well. Let me make you more comfortable by draping you ( put the drape on the lap).

Mr/Ms ABC, How can I help you today?

idle : to my eyes mistakes you made are considerable...hope you will pass.

hey buffy coat..i gave exam on apr 30.....but no result till now....when cani expect it
dr harry: Should be out by next wednesday...better go and look at the table in ecfmg.org stating the date of earliest result.....May be you will get that a little later than your friends.......sit back n relax
Hi Buffycoat,
I'm still nervous about my exam. I did it some 10 days ago.
Let me tell my mistakes.
1st case is fatigue- i was too tensed and had to rush during the physical examination and when i started giving closure, time is out and i told her i ve got emergency call and came out.
2nd case- another fatigue, this time i rushed the Q and came out in 13 min even..
3rd case- i forgot to pull the footrest and i started inspec and then found her legs down and so i said sorry and imme put the footrest. After that i made her sit down with the footrest on and didnot know that i need to push that in. It was out till i came out of the exam.
Next is pain in shoulder- i forget to ask RAA in LIQORAA. He told me he has exam in 2 days.I showed empathy but didnt ask him how can i help you in this?
Next is dry cough- i failed to inspect the mouth. And in the end the pt told me its sharp pain in the middle of chest.
Next is calf pain- i didnt tell her to stop taking HRT. She told back pain also. I didnt tell any thing about it in the closure.
Next enuresis case- i dint ask for any stress recently. as its a clear cut secondary enuresis.
Next is heelpain- i asked him travel history 2 times
For chest pain- he told some drugs in trade name- i didnt understand them.
For the first two case- i didnt use soap. For others i used but i did not get any froth. I washed hurrily...
I think i spoke very fast in the end when time is almost over.
Otherwise i'm satisfied with my PN. Wrote it as per the order in FA.
Plz Buffycoat- tell me in what position i'm.. Am i worth to get pass? I often get nightmares. Could not concentrate ion Step2. I know i did atleast 1 mistake in everycase, but plz tell me whether i can pass?Expecting your reply.

what should we concentrate more on 4days before the exam?
hello

can u please tell me what examination do we need to do for a hip pain case.

and i appreciate the job u do by helping others.......
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »